• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How'd you find TheSkiDiva.com?

CyberLola

Certified Ski Diva
I googled "Online ski community". Several results came up and I checked all, one by one. Some seemed dead (some years since latest activity), some Reddit groups which I checked but wasn't so pleased with certain maybe impolite interactions (I'm there nevertheless under username "AutisticSkier", mostly reading posts but not posting myself), and this one SkiDiva, which after reading all the kind, polite interactions, I decided not only register (CyberLola is my Twitter username as well, and the one I use for cyber security public appearances) but make a first post about freestyle, my main skiing interest, which has been received not only with kindness but with excellent, valuable advice.

I'm very pleased to have found SkiDiva and want to say thank you very much to its founder.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I googled "Online ski community". Several results came up and I checked all, one by one. Some seemed dead (some years since latest activity), some Reddit groups which I checked but wasn't so pleased with certain maybe impolite interactions (I'm there nevertheless under username "AutisticSkier", mostly reading posts but not posting myself), and this one SkiDiva, which after reading all the kind, polite interactions, I decided not only register (CyberLola is my Twitter username as well, and the one I use for cyber security public appearances) but make a first post about freestyle, my main skiing interest, which has been received not only with kindness but with excellent, valuable advice.

I'm very pleased to have found SkiDiva and want to say thank you very much to its founder.
Welcome @CyberLola You have come to the right place! I've been on SkiDiva for nearly 16 years and the most important time was during Covid lock down...

CyberLola

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you very much for your kind welcome message @snowski/swimmouse !
2 yrs with no skiing because of covid was so boring.
So happy now we can be back and find happiness in the snow again.

shadoj

Angel Diva
I joined as I was getting back into skiing after ~7yr hiatus, and realized I needed modern skis/boots. Couldn't really find gear reviews for short women who needed skis that were <155cm, <90mm waist... just pages and pages of men's skis! While I didn't care if my skis/boots were unisex, essentially none of the reviewed models were manufactured in a suitable length/BSL. So, I came here after lurking, as there are a bunch of other tiny Divas with *much* higher skiing skillsets than I have! Same struggles! I geek out a little bit on gear and tech specs, and it seems like I'm not alone here. Plus, everyone seems so supportive and friendly and patient!

Didn't even realize about the social meetups until a couple dozen posts in... and finally making it happen this season (thanks, COVID). Met two lovely ladies already; off to DivaEast in less than 2 weeks!

I'm on reddit, too (same username), but there's a lot more "noise" there when it comes to ski discussion, and questions on women's gear don't get much of a response. Exponentially higher quality posts here!

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My oldest sister told me about the forum at least a decade ago. She was a lurker iirc, and doesn't even ski any more (I guess I will find out if she still lurks if she sees this post!!!)

EdithP

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found this forum back in 2019 when I was about to undergo a hip operation and was very confused about perspectives for continued skiing. In my country (Poland) I was getting very mixed responses to the question. So I thought it would be better to ask people who actually ski, rather than doctors who may never have been on a hill themselves. And Googled . This site came up, I joined, and indeed everybody reassured me that having a new hip should be no deterrent. Good job I asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Welcome to us, @EdithP! I confess that I once ended up in Poland accidentally when we didn't realized that we wouldn't have to show our passports to do so and went to see where the island highway in Germany ended until suddenly all the signs were in Polish!!!!! It was a fun adventure and we had lunch and shopped while we were there!

shadoj

Angel Diva
I found this forum back in 2019 when I was about to undergo a hip operation and was very confused about perspectives for continued skiing. In my country (Poland) I was getting very mixed responses to the question. So I thought it would be better to ask people who actually ski, rather than doctors who may never have been on a hill themselves. And Googled . This site came up, I joined, and indeed everybody reassured me that having a new hip should be no deterrent. Good job I asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoa, never realized you were in Poland! That was my first stop on my only visit to Europe so far, back in 2004. Would've been easy to make a side trip to go skiing, if it hadn't been June and I wasn't a poor college new-grad at the time ;) Spend most of the time near Krakow with a brief stop in Warsaw. Beautiful, welcoming country. I'm ~1/2 Polish by ancestry, so quite fun in that respect.

I've enjoyed reading about your dry-slope journey and return to real snow!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I joined 3/17/2007 when I met a bunch of divas while participating in WAA (Women's Alpine Adventures) at Okemo (VT) and then joined all for diva day the next Monday (17th),

EdithP

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whoa, never realized you were in Poland! That was my first stop on my only visit to Europe so far, back in 2004. Would've been easy to make a side trip to go skiing, if it hadn't been June and I wasn't a poor college new-grad at the time ;) Spend most of the time near Krakow with a brief stop in Warsaw. Beautiful, welcoming country. I'm ~1/2 Polish by ancestry, so quite fun in that respect.

I've enjoyed reading about your dry-slope journey and return to real snow!
Oh, how things can pop up unexpectedly! Thank you for the good review of Poland, I daresay having seen Krakow you have seen the best. And you are right, no skiing in June, even if it is very close to Krakow. And no, it is not very expensive, I think by and large European skiing is waaaaaay cheaper than what I am reading here about USA. There is a different kind of trouble though: the number of active skiers is growing exponentially, while the number of ski lifts is very slow to catch up. I still come for a few days out of season, but it is getting less and less fun
And wow, thank you for following my story. I was hoping it would serve as assurance to all slow turtles like myself that persistence pays. It does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly