• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How'd you find TheSkiDiva.com?

Melissak8080

Diva in Training
Just wondering how everyone came to find this site. Was it through another site like EpicSki or the Ski Diva blog? Did you happen upon it while searching for something else? Or did a friend pass it on?

Post it here; I'd love to know.

Thanks!
I desperately want to go skiing with my family, but I tried to rent boots on the mountain and I couldn’t find any to fit correctly. My shins (or the front of my ankle where the boot closes?) hurt so badly that I couldn’t ski the second day. That was in December....they want to go again and I turned to Google in desperation. Found you there! Hoping to find some answers so I don’t have to sit out and watch!!

heatherrrrz

Certified Ski Diva
I was looking for reviews or trip reports for Stratton or Mount Snow, me and my bf are planning on taking a ski weekend (well he snowboards) to the Kimpton Taconic since his brother is the project manager for Kimpton hotels and can get us rates for $50 a night. I realize snow is further from Manchester, so Stratton is probably our go-to. I've found some really good information on here already. I'm still a super beginner, I took a lesson at Loon in December, but didn't feel like I learned a lot since I had tried snowboarding earlier in the day which wasn't for me. My sister asked if I wanted to take a lesson at our local hill (Powder Ridge in Middlefield) and I said yeah of course.

Flash forward to our lesson and 2 adults (me, 27 and her, 30) grouped with 10 kids under the age of 8 while there was 5 instructors for the whole group. I put in a complaint to their site, manager called me back and said we were supposed to be separate from them and would a free lesson make it up to you guys? Of course I was all in, my sister took some convincing in that I had to reassure her we wouldn't be stuck with kids again. Our second lesson was Saturday where it ended up being a semi-private just the two of us and an instructor. This went so much better, I felt like I actually learned. We worked on wide turns after I skiied wayyy faster than I wanted to on a steeper green, but kept my balance and managed to ski wicked fast, but in control the whole time. We did about 4-5 runs on the two smaller greens in the hour and a half lesson. I'm probably going to do another half day or maybe a lesson at my home mountain before our trip to Stratton to make sure I can handle a larger mountain.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Flash forward to our lesson and 2 adults (me, 27 and her, 30) grouped with 10 kids under the age of 8 while there was 5 instructors for the whole group. I put in a complaint to their site, manager called me back and said we were supposed to be separate from them and would a free lesson make it up to you guys? Of course I was all in, . . .
Welcome! Good for you for complaining in a constructive way. Ski schools want to end up with happy customers. It's very difficult for an instructor to deal with kids and adults at the same time.

Our second lesson was Saturday where it ended up being a semi-private just the two of us and an instructor. This went so much better, I felt like I actually learned. We worked on wide turns after I skiied wayyy faster than I wanted to on a steeper green, but kept my balance and managed to ski wicked fast, but in control the whole time. We did about 4-5 runs on the two smaller greens in the hour and a half lesson. I'm probably going to do another half day or maybe a lesson at my home mountain before our trip to Stratton to make sure I can handle a larger mountain.
:thumbsup:

Tele Tracy

Diva in Training
Ski Diva on Epic.

Epic always has some kind of pissing contest going on.

Wanna shake em up, ladies, and give them a CATFIGHT? Hoo hoo! What fun that would be, especially since we won't be serious about it. All our luck, the patrollers will shut it down before the fun happens.:p

LOL. Patrol always gets a bad rap

I found the forum through a thread. Looking for the answer to life, the universe, and how to improve my tele stance on Google.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Back in 2011 I was complaining to my husband that I wanted to go skiing more than he wanted to. He asked why I hadn't looked for friends to ski with online so off I went to see if that was really a thing. I went to Diva West at Big Sky in 2012.

heatherrrrz

Certified Ski Diva
Welcome! Good for you for complaining in a constructive way. Ski schools want to end up with happy customers. It's very difficult for an instructor to deal with kids and adults at the same time.

:thumbsup:

I don't think the instructors realized that we were supposed to be separate, according to the ski school director he had mentioned it to them. I'm glad I ended up getting the second lesson anyways even better than it was free, I wouldn't have been on the actual mountain even if we hadn't gotten mixed in with the kids. I do highly recommend Powder Ridge in Middlefield, CT for anyone that's in the Southern/Central area of CT and doesn't want to drive to Mohawk just for a lesson.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Several years ago I saw a reference to it on another forum (Alpine Zone I think) and checked it out but didn't join then as I still working and short on free time. About 2 years ago I was researching new skis before demoing and remembered the site, started lurking and finally joined.

Frankie

Certified Ski Diva
When searching for more honest reviews of gear, I typically add the word "forum" to the search. That's how skidiva showed up. Also, my husband mentioned it from all of his forum searches, lol.
My DH is on a lot of forums too. He also skis much better than I do so, I figured I should join and hope to get some great tips and ski where I can keep up to him

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
You've come to the right place! Divas can surely help you. Personally I need flexible skis as I've a severe difference in leg lenght, so I prefer K2 skis. Where are you located?

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
I desperately want to go skiing with my family, but I tried to rent boots on the mountain and I couldn’t find any to fit correctly. My shins (or the front of my ankle where the boot closes?) hurt so badly that I couldn’t ski the second day. That was in December....they want to go again and I turned to Google in desperation. Found you there! Hoping to find some answers so I don’t have to sit out and watch!!
find the thread on bootfitters. You will not regret finding a good quality bootfitter. Marry the boots, date the skis as we always say. Your experience will be so different if you invest in a pair of your own boots upfront, especially if you are a hard to fit foot type.

noprobllama

Certified Ski Diva
Googling up something ski related, don't remember much since I look up things like improving ski technique, ski gear reviews, etc. I found some other ski forums, but was intrigued there was a women-specific ski forum - decided to take the jump to sign up here this year :smile:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly