• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How'd you find TheSkiDiva.com?

retromaven

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Search engine researching Fischer and Atomic ladies skis I was interested in for "live" reviews but wouldn't be able to demo.

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm also new here--my sweetie found this site and emailed me about it at work. He's a ski fanatic and has made me into one, too. :smile:

Sue

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey retromaven & SueNJ - Welcome ! Glad to have you here.
I suspect it maybe a little quiet here for a few days as numerous divas are off skiing at Stowe for the ESA clinic. When they are back, bet Monday they will have tons to share ! Enjoy, this is a great site !

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm also new here--my sweetie found this site and emailed me about it at work. He's a ski fanatic and has made me into one, too. :smile:

Sue
Be prepared to be enabled in the ski addiction!!
We are your support group to a finer quality of addiction!!:ski2:

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, ladies. I look forward to reading and learning lots. I'm very easily enabled.

Sue

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found your site when I was searching "Take Your Daughter to the Slopes Week" last Spring. Some sites came up that had women's programs.

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Google

I was doing research for a new pair of skis. I googled "k2 one luv review" and SkiDivas popped up. I'm so glad I found it! Thanks :dance:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I first came upon Wendy's blog (sorry, forgot source of link :redface: ) in summer 06, and I then noted that the forum had started - and thought to myself, "Wow, that's cool, I really should join!" Somehow, a whole year went racing by before I actually did. Better late than never!! :smile: I've only posted on one forum previous to this (not epic), and I didn't find it to be nearly as - for lack of a better word - nice. Glad to be here!

I was doing research for a new pair of skis. I googled "k2 one luv review" and SkiDivas popped up. I'm so glad I found it! Thanks :dance:

That's how I found them....about a year ago! Did you buy the K2 One Luv's? I did....and they are FABULOUS!!!!! Me Likey! :D

ride_ski

Angel Diva
I also found the site while looking last season for ski reviews- K2 Burnin Luv's. I did it backwards though. I demo'd and bought the skis, then started to have buyer's remorse. So I figured I'd better check out the reviews.

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey ride ski welcome to the Ski Divas !!! ride ski & margarita marcia, what lengths are your burnin' luvs ?

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just wondering for demo purposes this year. I demoed them last year in a 153. Cruddy snow, think they were kinda short. I'm 5'7 & about 140. So I'm thinking I need to try them again in at least the 160. I'll bet you agree.

ride_ski

Angel Diva
I LOVE my skis as well. I came off Fischer RX6, and oh what a difference. Margarita marcia, I hope you don't mind, but I may want to steal your nickname- it certainly fits...Intheclouds, I think you should try them again in 160s. I'm also 5'7" and close to the same weight- they're perfect for me. My skiing improved dramatically on these...(DH was amazed)

Margaritamarcia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
YES I think you should demo the 160s. Perhaps you want to try the Lotta Luvs as well. Enjoy! My HUnks Hunkas love the crud. :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Ooh, we've become ski shop word of mouth! Unless that's the shop you work at, Ski Diva :redface:

No, but I think it's cool that someone at a shop recommended us! Where's Hoigaard's?

abc

Banned
Just wondering for demo purposes this year. I demoed them last year in a 153. Cruddy snow, think they were kinda short. I'm 5'7 & about 140. So I'm thinking I need to try them again in at least the 160. I'll bet you agree.
This isn't exactly the gear forum. But I've been a bit curious to your statement to the length. Exactly what kind of behavior led you to conclude it (maybe) too short?

I just recently come off straight skis. So everything feels SHORT! Not neccessarily "TOO" short, just, well, short. Becasue honestly, I really don't know what "too short" would feel like... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna