• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How'd you find TheSkiDiva.com?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I actually wanted to name the site skidiva.com, but as you can see, it was already taken. That's why it's TheSkiDiva.com.

joycemocha

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found this site last night while researching fiction about skiing...I'm working on a series of science fiction novels that features a hard-core skier as a main character.

Anyone wanna help me figure out how you might design a ski resort on Mars?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Joycemocha, that is a first!
Lemme see.............skiing on Mars...........I'll get back with you.;)

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The guys were so helpful! ;)
I first got wind of this site from Epic, which I frequently browse. Then, it was realskier.com that someone actually posted a link to the real site (instead of skidiva.com)

Unlike most people, I'm not phased by the heart thumping on Epic. The amount of REAL information is VAST. Probably one of the best "opinion" sites for outdoor pursuits. (note: by "opinion" I mean personal, first hand, experience, with technical insight/information. Being a women techie, I really appreciate that)

This site is different. It's more human, more of a women's touch, if I may say so. I like both this and Epic. The two compliments each other. I'm glad for you both. :smile:

I also got wind of THESKIDIVA from Epic. I'd been getting my ski fix there for a couple weeks, finally signed up. In reading the Hello intro pages I read someone's mention of skidivas. So in my intro I opened my big mouth, loudly exclaiming my new aspiration to become a skidiva. Wallah, SnowHot answered the call with the link.

I too am unfazed by some of the testosterone overload that occasionaly :rolleyes: occurs over there. Matter of fact it is a great source of amusement and brings back years of fond memories having spent my entire career (recently left it) dealing with hundreds of cops & firemen 10+ hrs a day. Epic has many true jewels so willing to share their expertise & experience there truly is a vast amount of great info to be had.
But I'm with abc, this site is just way too awesome. Giving the welcome that only women can. Much simpler to readily fit in by the mere virtue of being a woman who skis. As well as a lot more interests in common.:thumbsup:

slipnslide

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi There,
Like most of us, I have lived in the land of sunshine and 90-100 degree temps for the past several months, so it's nice to hear from my cyber ski buds again.

I love THESKIDIVA too. Epic is a great site, and like you, I can appreciate the wealth of knowledge, but it get's a little over the top sometimes, so it's nice to find solace with other like minded women. I know that the women here can hold their own with the guys, and I can too. I have attended two EPIC SKi academies and have made a number of new friends, but I don't post much there (I think it's called lurking in the shadows) because I admit I get a little intimidated. I have only been a member of this site since this spring and have posted here more than I have in 4 years on EPIC. Anyway, my "knuckle dragger" daughter and I look forward to skiing with some of you this season (she tolerates us for the love of her mother)

jaydog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was searching for ski reviews, specifically Elans, and ended up here. It's good to know that I'm not the only Elan freak out there!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found the site when googling info about boot fit since I'm pondering new boots this year.

DEP

Diva in Training
When searching for ski reviews of women's skis on Epic ski, I found a reference to this site. DEP

SkiMave

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Google. Researching the skis that I bought to make sure I didn't make a mistake !!

SkiMave

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't think so. I bought Atomic Sugar Mama's. I have been skiing on Dynastar Exclusive Carvers for the past 4 years and felt that I needed to ratchet it up a notch (although I loved those Dynastar's to death and they really helped me improve my skiing).

I also needed new boots so I bought Salomon Divine's. I had sore feet at the end of the day with my old ones. The cool thing about the new boots is they are already set up with a Thermic heating system so I just have to buy the battery packs.

Can't wait !

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found this site googling for reviews on the K2 Lotta Luvs.

My new boots also have the Thermic heaters..can't wait to have warm feet in mid January!:cool:

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found you while perusing epicski -- found that the day before.

I'm excited about here: sometimes, guys just don't understand the kind of questions we women ask!

Now to go find a couple of other things to post about, so I can have five in!

Kano:clap:

56skibum

Diva In Training, Regional Alliance Member,K2
56skibum

Hi!
I'm brand new here as of today! I found this site quite by accident - I was looking for trail names and googled ski names and this site came up. I'm so glad as I think I will like it here!

Not all those who wander are lost

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Welcome 56skibum ! You will love it here. Great to have you !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna