• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How to nail that outdoor look.

elemmac

Angel Diva
First impression: HUGE :rolleyes:

Kept reading anyways.....:rotf:. I relate so hard, especially here:

Pack a tube of lip balm in every single bag you own. Make sure you have hundreds of tubes in your possession. But then neglect to put one in your soft shell pants before you leave for a day in the mountains. The best part of this trick is when you discover that there actually was a tube in your pants all along, you just won’t find it until after you’ve run the pants through the washing machine and dryer.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I consider myself lucky when it falls out of the pocket in the wash and I catch it before it hits the dryer. Many many chapsticks have fallen to this fate. :frown:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I keep lip lube in every jacket pocket, so I can relate! I'm USUALLY pretty good about removing them.

This paragraph I can definitely relate to. It never fails, I get to the lift line with a massive drippy nose. (Lucky me, it happens even in warm weather, when I'm mountain biking!)

Make sure to carelessly rub the gathering snot from the tip of your nose each time you sense its presence. If you’re like me, and get a runny nose any time the temperature drops below 50 degrees, then you’ll surely have the chance to rub a lovely red spot—or even a real wound–onto the tip of your nose any day that you’re out riding lifts or climbing.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
HAHAHA! Too funny, and quite true on many of those points for me! :rotf:

Forgotten lipbalm before, even tho I try to remember to have them in every ski pant pocket. I have them in my running jackets as well, every bag I own. It never fails to somehow lose them or send them through the wash.

Now that it is mentioned, I need to track down my handkerchief to stop those winter drippy noses in the lift line. Didn't have it with me last weekend and my nose was getting a wee bit raw by the second. I just need to find where I last stuck it....

I wear a ponytail low under my helmet. It never fails at the end of the day that the ponytail is the biggest rats nest having been jammed under my hoodie or jacket. Always fun to stop into a restaurant after slopes close with matted hair and a rats nest. :-D

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
HAHAHA! Too funny, and quite true on many of those points for me! :rotf:

I wear a ponytail low under my helmet. It never fails at the end of the day that the ponytail is the biggest rats nest having been jammed under my hoodie or jacket. Always fun to stop into a restaurant after slopes close with matted hair and a rats nest. :-D

Me too on the ponytail and aprés ski rat nest. I’m supposed to pack a brush for this? LOL:bag:

newboots

Angel Diva
Is there anyone who actually looks good aprés? I mean, who actually skied that day?

My favorite part was also the lip balm. Pulling out my boot bag, I was relieved to find some chap-stick in there, not the petroleum-free alternatives I’ve been trying to force myself to use. Then, I found another in a jacket pocket! And another in my ski pants! Three for three!

Tvan

Angel Diva
My favorite part was also the lip balm. Pulling out my boot bag, I was relieved to find some chap-stick in there, not the petroleum-free alternatives I’ve been trying to force myself to use. Then, I found another in a jacket pocket! And another in my ski pants! Three for three!

DH gave me a gigantic package of various chapsticks for Christmas several years ago. I can tell you exactly where they are: in the drawer in our bathroom. Number in my ski bag: zero. WHYYYYY??????

newboots

Angel Diva
DH gave me a gigantic package of various chapsticks for Christmas several years ago. I can tell you exactly where they are: in the drawer in our bathroom. Number in my ski bag: zero. WHYYYYY??????

Put five of them in various pockets of your many beautiful jackets and pants tonight! Without fail! Use more than five if you need to, and be sure there is at least one in your boot bag. And the car console.

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The key is just to spend so much time around people who enjoy the outdoors that 'looks good'= windchapped cheeks, trucker hat, messy braids with baselayers on at the bar.
All of this. Also, at the end of a good day, you feel great, so I always feel like I look great! This from the woman who always packs makeup when she goes on vacation and never wears any of it except maybe a lick of mascara (and that only because I’m so fair my eyelashes disappear.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly