• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How steep is steep?

Skisailor

Angel Diva
AFTER the scariest part, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Well . . It’s all relative ! I ski this run. But I ski it VERY slowly and deliberately - make a turn - make sure I land the turn ok - look/shop for the best place to make the next turn - dive downhill / rinse wash repeat. Don’t think it looks very impressive from below! Lol. But I’m not comfortable at these pitches yet and you do NOT want to fall in there. Not an option . . .

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah I think I'd die of fright on that :eek:

KathrynC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There is a run at my local resort in Scotland called Flypaper. The terrain measures at 42 degrees from looking at the contours on a map - in reality it varies from 40 - 45 depending on how the snow packs on any given year. It is quite sustained, probably about 10 turns at that angle, with a completely blind entrance. It is also convex at the top meaning it is prone to avalanche and has a hidden rock half way down - consequently it doesn't get opened very often so it has acquired a bit of a mythical status.

I had been looking at it for year - last year I finally got a friend who is an instructor to take me down. Terrifying and utterly exhilarating. Enjoyed it so much I did it 3 times back to back in the end! First time I side slipped a good chunk of it, but got some good turns on the steep bits on my second and third goes. Sadly, it hasn't been open yet this year.

I was trying to find some photos but there aren't any good ones on line. I don't have any - far too busy trying to remain calm to be taking pictures!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna