• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many of these "old school" ski areas have you skied?

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A colleague mentioned that Northeast Slopes in Corinth, VT is a fun, inexpensive non-profit hill run by volunteers. He says it's small, but that the trails are surprisingly diverse.

There is also Arrowhead in Claremont, NH for low-cost, nonprofit skiing.

Ascutney will have a T-Bar this winter, though hours will be limited and it is natural-snow dependant. There's a fun Thursday-night race and beer-drinking league at Ascutney as well. And the backcountry skiing is very accessible since the nonprofit keeps some of the old trails mown and people clear out the woods in some areas. There's a guy who skis up there a lot and can often give very timely snow reports. Outdoor Center makes for a nie base lodge. Ascutney info here: https://www.ascutneyoutdoors.org/

marzNC

Angel Diva
A colleague mentioned that Northeast Slopes in Corinth, VT is a fun, inexpensive non-profit hill run by volunteers. He says it's small, but that the trails are surprisingly diverse.

There is also Arrowhead in Claremont, NH for low-cost, nonprofit skiing.
Cool! Haven't heard of these two before. Could you post in the non-profit thread? That will remind me to look into them at some point.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/non-profit-ski-areas-have-you-skied-at-one.19756

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Probably most people who went there for snowsports never stopped calling it Badger Pass. But the name was officially Yosemite Ski & Board as of 2016. I get the impression that the legal wrangling was more about the names of the iconic hotels and restaurants, so "Badger Pass" was still easy to find online.
Yep the Ahwahnee and Wawona I did hear about.

marzNC

Angel Diva
As of early Oct 2018, MRG still needs about $2 millions to reach the $6.5 million goal. Not bad to raise a million dollars over the summer but still a lot of fundraiser left to do. There was a $150,000 shareholder donation match challenge that ended in September.
As of mid May 2019, MRG has raised $5.5 million! They are still accepting donations for the final million that would cover "important electives for the building projects that are not currently funded" that include renovations to the Basebox and the Ski Patrol buildings. It's been an impressive 3-year fundraising effort.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The problem with starting a new thread is: Will we still get alerts when someone posts something new?
What you want is to have a thread of interest in your Watch List in order to get automatic Notifications. Two ways to accomplish that:

1) Post in a thread
2) Go to the thread and click on Watch Thread (towards the right under the thread title)

One reason I started a new thread is that the premise of this thread changed after a while so the thread title isn't quite what I'm doing any more with the list that evolved.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly