• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many days have you skied so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksnow

Angel Diva
Lifetime days: 1836
Wow! Tracking lifetime days. I'm impressed.

I only started tracking days a few years ago when I went full time, on a paper calendar. Some days count in multiple categories. So far this season: 48 days on the hill, skied 45 of those days, rode 11. I taught snowboarding today but it doesn't count as a riding day because he was 4 and I never strapped in. I did get plenty of steps!

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow! Tracking lifetime days. I'm impressed.

I only started tracking days a few years ago when I went full time, on a paper calendar. Some days count in multiple categories. So far this season: 48 days on the hill, skied 45 of those days, rode 11. I taught snowboarding today but it doesn't count as a riding day because he was 4 and I never strapped in. I did get plenty of steps!
I'm a spreadsheet fan. My family acts like I'm nuts. But "data" comes in handy all the time. More importantly, I track migraines, triggers, treatments, etc. That has twice given me instant approval by insurance companies for medicine that has to go through Prior Authorization to be covered. I give the doctor all the info on what has been tried and the results going back years. Doctors don't have that info easily accesible unless you give it to them.

I made my daughter use a spreadsheet for Santa from the point she could comprehend money. I think she was 5. It made her understand prioritizing things. LOL!

Yes, family thinks I'm nuts.

coldthrill

Angel Diva
Today, a very chilly and gorgeous Day 8 at Windham in NY. Am beyond excited, as it's very much a dream come true, and part of a series of regressive behaviors during the pandemic bacj to things that brought me joy beginning when I was 12 or 13 (biking, hiking and skiing). I had done lots of the above in my life, just not in a couple of decades. This forum has been invaluable for making the skiing happen. My first day back on a mountain was last March, after fracturing an ankle at the beginning of last season. Go divas!

Karenfrances

Certified Ski Diva
8 days .... and anticipating being at 11 as of Monday.

4 days in Italy (two at Tofana, one at Faloria, one at Alta Badia)
4 days at Winter Park, CO
3 days (anticipated) at Timberline, WV

Can't help but feel I have done this in the wrong order ..... :smile:

shadoj

Angel Diva
26 as of Thursday!
DivaEast added 2 at Killington, 1 at Sugarbush's Lincoln Peak (plus skiing down in the dark), and 1 at Sugarbush's Mt. Ellen.

Haven't skied that much continuous vertical since the early 2000's. I'm worn out! :eek:
Going back out tomorrow for a women's patrol event at Welch. Whoopee!

MissySki

Angel Diva
28 Days as of Thursday, which was the last day of Diva East.

Sadly I didn’t get out today due to extremely low temps/high winds in Maine that shut down most of the mountain outside of the magic carpet and t-bar. So I’m still in MA debating whether I want to drive up tonight to ski tomorrow. My laziness seems to be winning out as driving 8 hours round trip for around 5 hours of skiing tomorrow isn’t sounding very tempting to me right now! Lol

shadoj

Angel Diva
27! Women's Patrol Event @ Welch!

Just-at-freezing-temps, calm, bluebird day. Brought out the crowds, injuries, and questionable skiing techniques of the general public woven among our skill groups. Had a lot of fun despite that and met even more awesome women. More synchro skiing at the end of the day (what else in the Midwest?!) followed by burgers and/or beer (beer for me). Met another small (@tinymoose -- you'll have to see the photo we took with my super-tall patrol director!) which is super-encouraging. Have been invited to a couple more local hills to ski with other women patrollers... very much another supportive family, much like the Divas. :becky:

Met a Monday patroller from Troll who gave me a free voucher... looks like I might get to ski with @racetiger again soon!
:ski:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly