• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many days have you skied so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I reached the double digits (10) today which was my original season goal. Hoping for a couple more days before we return home and at least one more trip.

RhodySkiBum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I finished the year with 20 days, half of my total for last year before my accident. This was a strange year, after coming back from a bad fracture/surgery to end my season last March, I then hurt my back at the end of December. So I missed most of January skiing. (With the January weather here in the east, I don't feel like I missed too much! And then I have to babysit on weekends at least once a month - Not much can keep me from skiing, but my baby grandaughter can!! :-) All while still working full time also, so 20 days is not that bad.

I did get some great days in March, so much good snow, and even a few in April.

On to spring/summer activities and looking forward to next year!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
134 days and counting… theoretically 6 more days at Sugarbush, then I may go to Killington a few times. I wish I could justify a trip out to Mammoth but I should really probably refocus my ski brain on work for the summer/fall.

Tomorrow at Sugarbush, provided we get a decent day, I should hit 1 million vertical feet for the season, which is gonna make my head explode. (Been tracking with Slopes, which is super awesome if you aren’t already using it.)

oh! I took my Level 1 exam earlier this month and passed! Was super stressed about it, but it wound up being a really good experience. So yeah, apparently I’m a certified ski instructor now. Dang, my life has changed so much in the last year!

@empogo you’re so inspiring. Love your story and can’t wait to see what you do next!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I finished with 31 days on 4/16. This is the first time I made it past 30. I would have in 2020 but we all know what happened then.

A combination of Epic, VT4, and Indy:

*Bolton: 2 days
Jay: 4 days (although one of these was just an hour on the magic carpet with my friend’s daughter while almost everything was on wind hold)
Killington: 1 day
*Mad River Glen: 1 day
Magic: 1 day
Okemo: 19 days
*Pico: 1 day
Stowe: 3 days

*new areas for me this season

Plus one day of x-country (had never tried it, took a lesson and loved it) and one day of snowshoeing (thanks @ilovepugs for the snowshoes!). Loved that too!

So, not a bad total for a girl from Long Island with two jobs.
I would definitely say not bad at all! As a former Long Islander myself, definitely can relate to how hard it might be to get out there. And that’s awesome you got to do the other sports — didn’t realize they were new to you! In the warmer months, will you do anything?

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As of today (end of my first long ski trip of the year)
Skiing total:
-3 half days, 10 full days
-1 night ski (2hrs, similar amount of runs as a half day
-3 full day group lessons
Total: 15 days

Snowboarding total:
-1 indoor slope evening session (similar amount of runs to half day)
-3 full days snowboarding
-1 full day group lesson
Total: 4.5 days

My season goal is to get at least 30 days on snow and I currently have a 4 day weekend booked, a possible day or 2 after night shifts, and another 2 week trip in September! Really trying to rewire bad habits on skis this year, no plans to improve my snowboarding.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As of today (end of my first long ski trip of the year)
Skiing total:
-3 half days, 10 full days
Total: 15 days

Snowboarding total:
-3 full days snowboarding
-1 full day group lesson
Total: 4.5 days

My season goal is to get at least 30 days on snow and I currently have a 4 day weekend booked, a possible day or 2 after night shifts, and another 2 week trip in September! Really trying to rewire bad habits on skis this year, no plans to improve my snowboarding.
I MIGHT just make it to 30 ski days this year, especially if Ruapehu stays open into October/November with the cover they have...!! Took a long weekend recently which was great fun now everything is open in the South Island.

Current ski total:
-4 half days, 12 full days
Total: 17.5 days!

Planning to take my board and skis in September and have 2.5 weeks off after swapping some shifts around. So if the weather is favourable and the snow is okay...

Rashika

Certified Ski Diva
12 for me so far... Wow I can't believe I'm saying that! And yet I still don't really feel like a real skier, my bf scoffs at that but most the time I feel like Im just faking it :wink:

Anyway...

9 at Mt Hutt, about 4 with first tracks so long days starting at 8am.

1 at turoa (north Island): we were up there for a funeral, and it was very appropriate to ski as it was something he loved to do and it was a perfect day. My first time there, and fun bouncing around the less
traveled areas and terrain I haven't tried before, but my partner's natural habitat it seems.

1 at Mt Dobson, another perfect day... Best day ever! Lol

1 at Porters, yesterday, fun skiing with the kids.

Saturday will b back at Mt Hutt and my lovely fella has booked me a ski lesson with a really good instructor he has known for years... Looking forward but also kinda nervous.... but I know it will b good for me. Don't think I've had a lesson since I was about ten.IMG_20230830_104050323_HDR.jpg

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
12 for me so far... Wow I can't believe I'm saying that! And yet I still don't really feel like a real skier, my bf scoffs at that but most the time I feel like Im just faking it :wink:

Anyway...

9 at Mt Hutt, about 4 with first tracks so long days starting at 8am.

1 at turoa (north Island): we were up there for a funeral, and it was very appropriate to ski as it was something he loved to do and it was a perfect day. My first time there, and fun bouncing around the less
traveled areas and terrain I haven't tried before, but my partner's natural habitat it seems.

1 at Mt Dobson, another perfect day... Best day ever! Lol

1 at Porters, yesterday, fun skiing with the kids.

Saturday will b back at Mt Hutt and my lovely fella has booked me a ski lesson with a really good instructor he has known for years... Looking forward but also kinda nervous.... but I know it will b good for me. Don't think I've had a lesson since I was about ten.View attachment 21570
Lessons are great!! Less great when you get told the exact same thing three lessons in a row...but I should be down at Hutt again for Sunday/Monday and back again (hopefully) for Peak to Pub

Rashika

Certified Ski Diva
Lessons are great!! Less great when you get told the exact same thing three lessons in a row...but I should be down at Hutt again for Sunday/Monday and back again (hopefully) for Peak to Pub
Oh cool! Lol funny about being told the same thing, I guess I won’t get that yet!

Will have to see how the weather goes this weekend, it’s a bit norwester windy out there at the moment… hopefully that clears cos we missed the whole weekend the last time due to too high winds

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, after missing yesterday due to high winds and closures at Remarks (and I didn’t really feel Coronet was worth it either) I am staring down the barrel of doing Peak to Pub this Saturday with what I charitably describe as “minimalist” training. I have far surpassed any previous season totals although am uncertain my skiing has improved as much as I hoped for…

Current ski total:
-5 half days, 18 full days
Total: 24 days

Snowboarding total:
-1 half day, full days
-1 full day group lesson
Total: 7 days

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's awesome @scandium !! Good luck with the Peak to Pub on Saturday it should be fun and you might make it onto Mt Hutt Rescue if they are filming it :thumbsup:

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Currently on 22 but I'm restricted by the stupid injury, I cant ski back to back days so I'm only doing on average 2 days a week. Was hoping to get to 30 but the rapidly diminishing snow pack might make that a bit difficult :cry:

Rashika

Certified Ski Diva
That's awesome @scandium !! Good luck with the Peak to Pub on Saturday it should be fun and you might make it onto Mt Hutt Rescue if they are filming it :thumbsup:
Lol hopefully not!
They were filming next to me three times last I was at Hutt, all the way down the mountain even to the car park! Luckily I wasn't the focus just happened to b there.
That's very impressive numbers scandium!!
We are hoping for Friday and Saturday at Mt hutt this weekend, but the peak to pub would b so far beyond me it's not funny :rotf:
Whether skiing, cycling or running!

• Love
Reactions: AJM

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It’s my goal to avoid being on that…haha.
My 3 step approach to this is
1. No physical injuries (before or during)
2. Hope for no equipment failure (mainly punctures is my concern)
3. Mental fortitude to overcome a general lack of physical fitness

Lol hopefully not!
They were filming next to me three times last I was at Hutt, all the way down the mountain even to the car park! Luckily I wasn't the focus just happened to b there.
That's very impressive numbers scandium!!
We are hoping for Friday and Saturday at Mt hutt this weekend, but the peak to pub would b so far beyond me it's not funny :rotf:
Whether skiing, cycling or running!
Friday sounds like it might be good! Saturday morning they are doing road closures specifically for Peak to Pub as the start time is now 10am with instructions to arrive between 6-8am, 8.30am race briefing and road closure from then (UGH) so it might be worth going to Porters…I think they moved it earlier to try and miss the afternoon rain?

Rashika

Certified Ski Diva
It’s my goal to avoid being on that…haha.
My 3 step approach to this is
1. No physical injuries (before or during)
2. Hope for no equipment failure (mainly punctures is my concern)
3. Mental fortitude to overcome a general lack of physical fitness

Friday sounds like it might be good! Saturday morning they are doing road closures specifically for Peak to Pub as the start time is now 10am with instructions to arrive between 6-8am, 8.30am race briefing and road closure from then (UGH) so it might be worth going to Porters…I think they moved it earlier to try and miss the afternoon rain?
Yeah I read that earlier.... Friday definitely looks like an ok day, and if we go Saturday it will be an early 6.30 am leaving from methven to get a carpark. Will see how Friday goes, two days in a row may be too much and the most of next week looks very bad, norwest stormy... very sad almost byebye skiing.

Best of luck for Saturday though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna