• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many days have you skied so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BReeves215

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
2A06490B-77BE-4552-8B96-867D110AD02C.jpegI’m very thankful to have gotten 15 days this season, coming from Atlanta (5 each at Beaver Creek, Big Sky, and Alta, photo from April 17 attached). That’s the most I’ve managed since my husband (boyfriend at the time) lived in San Francisco in the early 90’s, when Delta flights cost $200 or less and you could drive from SF to Tahoe in just over 3 hours, i.e., the good old days

Amie H

Angel Diva
I got in two more days the first week in April, so my total for the season is 14, plus 2 days of Nordic skiing. Should have been 16, but lost two days to weather/flight delays.

I am heading to Reno/Tahoe area in 10 days, but when I offered a day at Palisades, my daughter bowed out, and I'm not going to make her wait on the sidelines. (I don't think it's an ideal spot for a nervous beginner like her, anyway, although I'd love to show her the resort area.) My only other snow adventures this year will likely be Spring hiking with ice cleats in the Sierra the 1st week in May.

Next season, hopefully Central Wisconsin gets snow sooner, as I've now found two nice places to stay within 10-15 of two WI ski areas I like, so I could do a few more weekend drive trips. I'm a bit concerned about the fate of one of those places (Devil's Head) as they never fully opened all season, despite having the snow. I also never worked out the logistics of getting to the UP/far N WI this season...maybe next year.

Last edited:

mustski

Angel Diva
I am heading to Reno/Tahoe area in 10 days, but when I offered a day at Palisades, my daughter bowed out, and I'm not going to make her wait on the sidelines. (I don't think it's an ideal spot for a nervous beginner like her, anyway, although I'd love to show her the resort area.)
Actually Palisades OV side (formerly Sqaw) is one of the few resorts in the US that has a wonderful beginner area at the top of the Funitel. There are a bunch of big wide cruising greens up there where the views are! At the end of the day, you ride the Funitel back down to the resort area. I avoid Mountain Run at all costs and usually ride the Funi home, myself.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Actually Palisades OV side (formerly Sqaw) is one of the few resorts in the US that has a wonderful beginner area at the top of the Funitel. There are a bunch of big wide cruising greens up there where the views are!
I know that area! But, if its at all crowded (we'd be there on a Friday) she'd be intimidated/anxious. You can download on the Tram? She is a true beginner. Only 3 days on skis, 2 1/2 lessons. No way she can do Mountain Run to base. I'll ask her again 1 more time...

mustski

Angel Diva
I know that area! But, if its at all crowded (we'd be there on a Friday) she'd be intimidated/anxious. You can download on the Tram? She is a true beginner. Only 3 days on skis, 2 1/2 lessons. No way she can do Mountain Run to base. I'll ask her again 1 more time...
That area won’t be crowded. All the runs around Big Blue (lift name) are super easy and wide open! It’s the only place I know where beginners get to be up at the top of a mountain. Yup. I akways download on the Funi. You could also ride the Base to Base Gondi over to Alpine just to check out the views!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
That area won’t be crowded. All the runs around Big Blue (lift name) are super easy and wide open! It’s the only place I know where beginners get to be up at the top of a mountain. Yup. I akways download on the Funi. You could also ride the Base to Base Gondi over to Alpine just to check out the views!

Keystone is another area where beginners can ski the top of the mountain. There is also a beginner run from top to bottom. I believe it is more gentle and possibly less crowded than Mountain Run. You can also ride the Gondola back to the base.

Amie H

Angel Diva
We are in the 'maybe" camp now that I presented it to her. I don't want to push her too hard into the sport. Imo, she really needs a solid few days in lessons and practicing to be confident enough to enjoy herself. It also has to be something she *wants* to try,, not doing it to appease me. I'm thinking if it ends up a firm "no" from her, we could get the sightseeing lift tix to at least let her see it, get excited/interested for next season. I know she'd like that. Bummer that High Camp isn't open.

We have a bunch of activities planned that all require their own attire(2 fancy dinners, theater show, a derby party, hiking, hot spring) so there will be a limit on what we can bring luggage-wise. Those derby hats take up a lot of real estate!

Last edited:

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I had wanted to try skiing my age this season, since that seemed like a fun goal, but the weather has warmed considerably and much of the lower, less steep runs have been closed off at the ski resorts around here even if they are still open. Since I am being careful not to over terrain myself, I may have to call it quits 4 days short of my goal of 40 days! Oh well, still lots of fun and I found a new love!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Well, I had wanted to try skiing my age this season, since that seemed like a fun goal, but the weather has warmed considerably and much of the lower, less steep runs have been closed off at the ski resorts around here even if they are still open. Since I am being careful not to over terrain myself, I may have to call it quits 4 days short of my goal of 40 days! Oh well, still lots of fun and I found a new love!

You can go for 41 next season!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Added 3 more days out west for a total of 33 so far this season. Had a great time at Bridger Bowl near Bozeman, MT per usual. I always ski at Bridger at least a couple days when I go to Big Sky. Bonus is having a lesson with a very experienced instructor who I first worked with in 2012. He's semi-retired but still does Request Private Lessons. Per usual, came away with a drill for a fundamental skill good for advanced skiers that is easy to do on any groomed terrain.
Done for 2022-23. My last trip started out with a few days in SLC and ended at Alta Lodge with old and new friends. Best part was that my daughter could join in for her first ski trip as a working young adult. Added 16 days, mostly at Alta, for a total of 49 for the season out west. Plus 10 days in VA/WV in January.

Would've made 60 if Alta Lifts had run every day when SR210 was closed due to unusually warm weather for four days due to the high risk of wet slides. The cold front that came in overnight froze everything solid so there was no point to open for the few people staying overnight in the Town of Alta that week. More importantly, the road open and it started snowing after that.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
134 days and counting… theoretically 6 more days at Sugarbush, then I may go to Killington a few times. I wish I could justify a trip out to Mammoth but I should really probably refocus my ski brain on work for the summer/fall.

Tomorrow at Sugarbush, provided we get a decent day, I should hit 1 million vertical feet for the season, which is gonna make my head explode. (Been tracking with Slopes, which is super awesome if you aren’t already using it.)

oh! I took my Level 1 exam earlier this month and passed! Was super stressed about it, but it wound up being a really good experience. So yeah, apparently I’m a certified ski instructor now. Dang, my life has changed so much in the last year!

Like2Ski

Angel Diva
I finished with 31 days on 4/16. This is the first time I made it past 30. I would have in 2020 but we all know what happened then.

A combination of Epic, VT4, and Indy:

*Bolton: 2 days
Jay: 4 days (although one of these was just an hour on the magic carpet with my friend’s daughter while almost everything was on wind hold)
Killington: 1 day
*Mad River Glen: 1 day
Magic: 1 day
Okemo: 19 days
*Pico: 1 day
Stowe: 3 days

*new areas for me this season

Plus one day of x-country (had never tried it, took a lesson and loved it) and one day of snowshoeing (thanks @ilovepugs for the snowshoes!). Loved that too!

So, not a bad total for a girl from Long Island with two jobs.

JayZeeSquared

Certified Ski Diva
When I go out tomorrow it will be my 20th time! It's my first season. My goal is to hit 30 days by the end of the season. I'm still amazed with how fast I've exceled this year and I don't want it to end.
I've made it to 28! Planning on getting out to Breck this weekend so I can reach my 30 day goal :smile: we will see how it holds up this week.. supposed to be warm and rainy..

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did days 7 and 8 at Sugar Bowl's '80s-themed "encore weekend"--they were supposed to close on the 23rd and decided to eke out one more weekend. Only half the resort was open, but it wasn't very crowded.

I did learn there is such a thing as too slushy. I thought I loved slush...but this got so difficult by the afternoon. It was sooooo lumpy and bumpy!

Not sure if my season is over yet or not. Maybe we'll try Alpine Meadows (scheduled to be open til July 4th) or see how bad it is to get to Mammoth--I live due west of it, but you have to go way out of the way to actually get there.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Did days 7 and 8 at Sugar Bowl's '80s-themed "encore weekend"--they were supposed to close on the 23rd and decided to eke out one more weekend. Only half the resort was open, but it wasn't very crowded.

I did learn there is such a thing as too slushy. I thought I loved slush...but this got so difficult by the afternoon. It was sooooo lumpy and bumpy!

Not sure if my season is over yet or not. Maybe we'll try Alpine Meadows (scheduled to be open til July 4th) or see how bad it is to get to Mammoth--I live due west of it, but you have to go way out of the way to actually get there.
If Tuolumne Meadows open, can you go that way?

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If Tuolumne Meadows open, can you go that way?
That's 120, right? If it opens that would be way faster. Google maps acts like that will never happen and says I have to go to Kirkwood and come down 395.

I saw you mentioned in another thread that you can fly from SFO to Bishop. Maybe we'll look into that, too.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
That's 120, right? If it opens that would be way faster. Google maps acts like that will never happen and says I have to go to Kirkwood and come down 395.

I saw you mentioned in another thread that you can fly from SFO to Bishop. Maybe we'll look into that, too.
If that pass is even open (highway 88?) or Sonora Pass (highway 4 past Bear Valley)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna