• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many days have you skied so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
#67 I went back to spirit mountain and had another good day of skiing at Mach 1. I did a couple more slightly bigger jumps too! They were alot less scary than they looked.
#68 was at Buck Hill for their bonus day. It was probably mid 60s I was skiing in a t-shirt. It was ok, there were way too many people there. I was bummed the halfpipe wasn't open. Only one side of the resort was open because they already started construction for a new chairlift.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Day #50

We had a spectacular sunrise for our mountaintop Easter service this morning. Made it well worth my very early wake up time.. you had to load the gondola between 5:45-6:15am. I am so not a morning person lol, but I was motivated since this is the first time they brought this event back since before Covid and I missed it.

It then turned into a lovely bluebird day with really fabulous spring snow. We also had our passholder BBQ. Doesn’t get much better in my book.

This coming week is going to be HOT, so we’ll see what next weekend looks like. I imagine our amazing coverage will melt out significantly by then with the forecasted highs hitting 70s late week and nights starting to stay above freezing too. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year and the end drawing near..
IMG_6206.jpegIMG_6209.jpeg
IMG_6223.jpeg

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So I wrapped up my season today: Day #87. I like to go out on a good note, and today was gorgeous! A perfect spring skiing day. The weather is supposed to get extremely warm this week -- temps in the 70's here in Vermont -- so I figured it's time.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
#37 days if I include employee ski day tomorrow. 34 before the injury and 3 at home post recovery. Hopefully adding 2 days in northernmost Sweden at the end of this month. Latitude 68 north here I come!

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just counted and after our MOTH at Jay on Saturday I’m at 21. Not nearly as much as some of you but it’s a record for me and given work/family responsibilities it’s more than I thought I’d get! A photo from our day at Jay: @ilovepugs , @BlueSkies @Like2Ski , me & @echo_VT

Bottom picture is us waiting at the yummy ramen stand with Mr @ilovepugs too

0FFAEF57-C8F6-4C55-AF43-7E5E2D997DDB.jpeg, B3052FFF-B120-46FA-A930-70643C58C32C.jpeg

This was a great end to the season, although with any luck I’ll make it to killington before it closes!

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
17 for me. More than I thought I would get and more than I got the past 3 three years. Trying to decide if I'll make it 18---might go to Killington on Saturday but it's going to be so warm the next couple days I'm just not sure. Was there today and it was very soft but not sticky until around early afternoon. If I go, it will likely be to just ski a couple runs early Sat morning then watch the pond skimming and grab lunch on the deck at K1

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
THREE so far. Tomorrow will be four.

Have at least 2 more trips to Mammoth and a day at Breckenridge in my future.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I haven’t counted for years. The only year that I did was my first year in Maine 22 years ago. Passes back then were >+$1,000, no tiers (that came much later), unrestricted, “one size fits all.” It was the most I’d paid for a pass, either prior or since.

So I wanted to see what I wound up paying per day.

Now? No. In fact, some of the most memorable ski seasons have been ones that were marked by Big life events that “ran interference” with skiing: childbirth in late December (I did ski that season), DH’s knee surgery (I skied as soon as he was off crutches), DH’s 12/2015 heart surgery (a triumphant return after 11 weeks and 5 days). Quality versus quantity.

When life throws curve balls, either good ones or bad - but especially bad ones - skiing is all the sweeter.

Right, @skibum4ever ?

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@MaineSkiLady We have no need to count as an app with our pass does it. I would not count either if I had to do so manually.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I haven’t counted for years. The only year that I did was my first year in Maine 22 years ago. Passes back then were >+$1,000, no tiers (that came much later), unrestricted, “one size fits all.” It was the most I’d paid for a pass, either prior or since.

So I wanted to see what I wound up paying per day.

Now? No. In fact, some of the most memorable ski seasons have been ones that were marked by Big life events that “ran interference” with skiing: childbirth in late December (I did ski that season), DH’s knee surgery (I skied as soon as he was off crutches), DH’s 12/2015 heart surgery (a triumphant return after 11 weeks and 5 days). Quality versus quantity.

When life throws curve balls, either good ones or bad - but especially bad ones - skiing is all the sweeter.

Right, @skibum4ever ?

Absolutely. I was afraid that I might have to become "skibum4Never". Didn't want to see that happen!

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I squeezed in another day at a tiny resort I never went to before. Montdu Lac. It was their closing day yesterday with $15 tickets. It was actually a ton of fun for a little place when you're with the right group of people. A couple guys I knew showed up and pretty soon our group grew to 7 of us Big Kids just skiing around having a good time. It started raining and then a double rainbow showed up! Kinda special for probably my last ski day here in the Midwest. Lutsen is open but I really didn't feel like paying a ton of $ to ski in the pouring rain and 50mph winds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna