• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many days have you skied so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noprobllama

Certified Ski Diva
Did day 8 yesterday at Solitude. Tried out Honeycomb canyon for the first time which was really cool, really fun. Overall the resort was mainly packed powder, but managed to find a few nice stashes on quieter off-piste runs. Looking forward to getting another day in the books with the hubby this weekend with the incoming forecast!

shadoj

Angel Diva
Day 22! Day crew help.

2 back bowl shifts -- earlier one had much better snow, of course. Made some nice short-radius turns on our steeper runs. Closed and swept that area (no night skiing there), then went home to dry off gear for DivaEast!

Temps weren't too bad, but the wind was a bit brutal in certain places. Sun peeked out for most of the afternoon. Snow was firm but not very scrape-y except for the usual late-day sections. Sought out the snowy patches for turns at the end, and had confident fun.

Our hill is lucky in how many quality instructor-patrollers we have. Had a good discussion on technique involving the whiteboard when we were on snack break. "Describe, in your own words, how you make a pivot slip happen... where is the pressure on your skis throughout a short/medium-radius turn... etc."

Ugh, now on to packing!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I’m at day 14, it’s snowing 6“ today and we’re getting day 15 tomorrow.

DH and I were discussing how when you’re where we are (re)learning in middle age how to ski, the frequency is REALLY valuable

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
So, my Aspen App says it was my 70th day.
Snowing a lot now.
A warm day at 14°f at the top. Although the light was super flat and sacked in at times, it was a great day.

This is my 8th year living in Aspen to spend the entire season to ski.
Skiing is a life long leaning. So grateful I get to do this. Thank you.
Screenshot_20230128_152923_Photos.jpg20230128_134540.jpgScreenshot_20230128_153117_Aspen.jpg

Last edited:

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
So, my Aspen App says it was my 70th day.
Snowing a lot now.
A warm day at 14°f at the top. Although the light was super flat and sacked in at times, it was a great day.

This is my 8th year living in Aspen to spend the entire season to ski.
Skiing is a life long leaning. So grateful I get to do this. Thank you.
View attachment 20225View attachment 20227View attachment 20226
Does anyone know how to fix the sideways photos? I do not mean those of you who are staff. Annoying, yet hate to bother someone to ask to be fixed....

noprobllama

Certified Ski Diva
Up to day 9 where I did a full ski day instead of my half-ish days midweek! Definitely notice my endurance improving and needing less stops while skiing off-piste.

newbieM

Angel Diva
Day 3,4,5

Day Solitude, originally we were going to do Alta but we had snowboarders in our travel group so we did solitude. Beautiful afternoon with fresh snow falling. Groomers were super soft, visibility was mostly great.

06733CA3-0B8E-4B68-88F5-358AA9178B32.jpeg

day 4 - powder mountain - avoided dealing with cottonwood canyon on a powder day. So much fresh snow, the visibility was pretty crummy. Couldn’t see anything at the top of the lift because the fog was insane.

043D69B9-B62F-47CE-982F-F9362589848A.jpeg

Decided to take the free mountain tour at 10:30am. They only take you on blue and green groomers. Which was good because I had regular skis on. We mostly did great except the tour guide got turned around taking us to an area called paradise that I’ve never been to. She took us down an ungroomed black. My skis were not really made for that so they kept getting stuck in the powder and popping off.

Then while trying to re-route us we ended up in no man’s land between two trails. Snow was super soft and thigh high. I couldn’t get out. I had to take off my skis and carry them because they kept popping off. It took me 30 minutes of huffing and puffing to make it out of thigh high snow. Every step I took sunk me all the way down to my hips in snow. I couldn’t slide on my butt or anything because the snow was so deep. The tour host apologized profusely but I was pretty exhausted and just beat up after trying to struggle through that after 3+ hours of skiing already on a repeat day.

note to self for any beginner skiers - check your DINs mine were still set at beginner level. It wouldn’t of made much a difference in this case but maybe would have saved me from some earlier falls.

58B337BA-C900-49F7-A4E9-38B0C7261B96.jpeg
Day 5 - back to Powder Mountain with 9 inches overnight. I had new boots and I rented Powder skis.

Besides breaking in new boots and being super sore from the day before OMG was it a MAGICAL day. So many fresh lines of powder throughout the whole mountain. Lots of runs where I was the only person. It was like skiing on clouds. Holy cow do wider skis make a huge difference.

I was practically crawling to the car by the end the day but it was amazing

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
5 DAYS - all at Heavenly. Loved it! Want to ski more..need Divas to ski with- as hubby doesnt ski, Have skis, have cash, will travel..lol
You missed 13 inches of the lightest snow I’ve encountered in years! Sorry we never met up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna