• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How long does it take for adults to learn to ski from never ever to competent?

marzNC

Angel Diva
(what does "cherry picking my days mean?" I am not a native speaker and do not know this phrase?)
Although I knew the meaning, was fascinating to look up the term. According to the M-W dictionary, became an accepted verb in 1965. The description of how the connotations in different context of how people discuss topics subject to debated is in Wikipedia was more interesting.

In the context of skiing, "cherry picking days" is also described as being a "snow snob." For beginners/intermediates that means only getting out on the slopes when snow conditions are relatively good. For instance, some seniors who are retired often only ski for an hour or two in the mornings at their local mountain when there is good visibility, and it's not too cold or too warm.

Another variation for seniors are those who spend the winter in some place like Salt Lake City and only ski at Alta when there is at least some fresh powder off-piste. Of course, those seniors are very good skiers. In that case, they find skiing on groomers not worth the effort of the drive up the canyon and getting on their boots (about an hour total).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly