• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How do you track your days?

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can see my ski history on Alta's website, at least for the current season. I don't remember whether it says how long I skied or how many lifts I rode, but I swiped my pass it records it. It works for the discount card, too. The vast majority of my ski days are at Alta, so I tend to remember skiing elsewhere.

I did sign up for slopesquad, though, because despite my good intentions I've never kept a record of how my skiing was, the conditions, and all that. Maybe having the Divas there will inspire me to keep track.

jellyflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't even track my days. I know when I ski - 2 days every weekend from end of November till end of April plus every other chance I get. It's non-negotiable and nothing will keep me in town during ski season unless it's something really serious. Engagement parties/hens do's/birthdays don't count as serious reasons not to go skiing.

Haha, that was excatly my thought when I found this thread :smile:

I do so many statistics and numbers during my days in the office that I have just no brainspace left for ski-statistics. I am just enjoying my winter.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've got an app from my hill that does this. I just turn the gps on my smartphone on, fire up the app, zip the phone in my pocket, and go. It records all my runs, speed, etc.

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also, could you please add for Canada, BC
Red Mountain, Big White, Whitewater, Revelstoke, Fernie
I may have more later on this season but those are all a good bet. :-)

Also in BC: Kimberley, Elkford, Panorama, Sun Peaks, Silverstar
And in Alberta: Castle Mountain, Marmot Basin, Nakiska

That should more than cover me for the season...

Thank you! Looks like fun. :becky:

slipnslide

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This may seem nerdy, but ever since my first season (2006), I've kept a spiral notebook with a page for each trip (or each day for single day trips). I list what the conditions were like, what trails I skied, what skis I used and any other info I might find interesting--how crowded etc.
Yeah, I know it's a little odd, but I like tracking things and I find it fun to look back and see when I skied my first blue, black etc and what my impressions were.
That is awesome! I kept a journal when my daughters and I hiked the 100 mile wilderness a few years ago, but it disappeared until about six months ago. It was great re reading the entries. There were so many events that I had forgotten. We have had so many wonderful ski days together, now I wish I had kept a journal!

callmijane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use SkiTracks, which is an app that tracks vert, speed, runs, miles, all that fun stuff. It costs $.99 . There's also Alpine Replay, which does the same kind of thing and adds in a social networking aspect. Taking it one step further is Phresheez, which volklgirl mentioned, but they are charging a monthly/yearly fee. It has a game-like aspect, where you can compete against others for most runs, vert, snow days, etc, and win badges and medals.

Ones I don't use include Vail's EpicMix, which is linked to your pass, GPS on Ski Map, Maps 3D, iSki which doesn't work well in the US, but seems to be great for other countries, and AllSnow.

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use Alpine Replay and I love it! I so like SlopeSquad, but don't like that I have to go on there and add my days by hand. With Alpine Replay, I hit a button when I get on the slope, again when I get off then hit send- they updated it this year so now it breaks the stats down by run. It will show on a map what run I took at the mountain, etc.

I don't care so much about the states, but this is VERY helpful when we go on ski vacations out West- we ski 4+ new mountains in 7-10 days. Now I can easily see what runs we skied so I will know the next time we go there.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I keep track on my work computer in Outlook calendar; it makes being at wurk somewhat more fun.

Skise

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use Alpine Replay too, but for me it doesn't really work for tracking days because I frequently forget to put it on.

altagirl

Staff member
I can see my ski history on Alta's website, at least for the current season. I don't remember whether it says how long I skied or how many lifts I rode, but I swiped my pass it records it. It works for the discount card, too. The vast majority of my ski days are at Alta, so I tend to remember skiing elsewhere.

I did sign up for slopesquad, though, because despite my good intentions I've never kept a record of how my skiing was, the conditions, and all that. Maybe having the Divas there will inspire me to keep track.

Interestingly - I used to track my days. I'd mark it on my outlook calandar with just a letter for the initial of the resort and the number of how many days that made it. But that's back when I had a lot of days (like 70-100+). And in the past however many years that Alta's been doing that with the RFID system, where you can track it in detail... I've only looked up my data once. Hah, I don't know what happened there. When they first came out with it I thought it was such a cool idea and was so excited and now that I have it I'm like "whatever, who cares..."

Oh, and back before that, when I was in Europe, I just kept a page in my day planner where I wrote down the names of resorts I visited and number of days there.

Celestron2000

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I keep track on notepad on my phone. Just hash tags for what skis and at which areas.
I like to know howmany days each set of skis has on them, that way I know when they're due for a wax, etc.
Just signed up for Slope Squad, seems like it could be a good way to meet up with other Divas on the slopes.
I do like the idea of keeping a little journal... I may look into that too.

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH and I also use Ski Tracks. I love that you can mail yourself the day's file, and review it on Google Earth. It's pretty cool, although Google Earth pictures are all done in warm weather (except my local ski hill, which stays white year round on GE).

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Rachel is there a way to add multiple future days at once ( ie, my hubby's whole patrol schedule for the season...)
thx.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FWIW I totally use Slope Squad as a journal, with notes on who I skied with and how the snow was, etc: https://slopesquad.com/members/1/snowday/24681

I've been thinking about adding gear, letting you tag each day with what skis you were on. Maybe Ill bump that up the list...

Rachel, that would TOTALLY rock. I was thinking just yesterday that I need to keep track of what skis I was on and when so that I can remember how many times they've been used since the last wax/tune/whatever. I prefer to get them done before base burn shows up, but I have enough of a quiver that this requires some record-keeping.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski tracks will do this. Not the ski pass part, but tracking runs, speed, vertical and all that. It's free, too.
Yeah, I downloaded it this weekend, but haven't used it yet. It seems to be draining the battery really fast... I wonder how accurate it is though. For example the data on gradient skied seems to be very flattering. One of the guys I skied this weekend clocked 47 degrees - now, this is extremely steep. Bec des Rosses has 50-55 and it's a mind blowing mountain where the Extreme Freeride World Tour Final takes place. Pas de Chevre is 33-35 degrees on average with a short stretch of 38-40 degrees and it's considered to be very steep, there is no way we skied anything remotely approaching that kind of steepness. I wonder what the calculations are based on...

Mrs Hutchins

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love using skitracks because you can see the tracks of exactly where you skied on a topo map. You can keep track of days, conditions and make comments. And you can see how many vert feet, runs, speed, etc for the whole day. It's pretty cool.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Yeah, I downloaded it this weekend, but haven't used it yet. It seems to be draining the battery really fast... I wonder how accurate it is though. For example the data on gradient skied seems to be very flattering. One of the guys I skied this weekend clocked 47 degrees - now, this is extremely steep. Bec des Rosses has 50-55 and it's a mind blowing mountain where the Extreme Freeride World Tour Final takes place. Pas de Chevre is 33-35 degrees on average with a short stretch of 38-40 degrees and it's considered to be very steep, there is no way we skied anything remotely approaching that kind of steepness. I wonder what the calculations are based on...

I'm pretty sure it works in airplane mode as its GPS based, not network based. For me, if I switch to airplane mode the battery will last all day. I have no connection up there anyway.

linesout

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use an app called Snocru. I don't always remember to turn it on, and I'd be concerned about how much battery life it eats up. But it's pretty cool - part of the app also shows snowfall at nearby/saved mountains in the last 24, 48 and 72 hours. The tracking is also cool, with max speed and vertical and miles and all that, but I just noticed that for Steamboat at least, the names of the runs are actually on the map so I can tell exactly which runs I did!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna