• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How do you define "Ski Diva?"

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I was talking to a friend the other day about this forum, and she asked me, "So, what's a Ski Diva, anyway?" And that made me think, how would you all define it?

According to the American Heritage Dictionary, "Diva" is defined as "an operatic primma donna." Well, are we all primma donnas here? I think not!

A Diva can also be someone who strives for excellence, both in her own field and from the people around her. And a Ski Diva, well, that's just someone who demands the best in skiing from herself, and wants the world to meet her expectations. And I think I can safely say that this pretty much defines the women on this forum.

Or am I just thinking about this too much?

How would you define "Ski Diva?"

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a hard time defining SkiDiva, in writing, without being a teensy weensy bit naughty.

Over all I think A SkiDiva is female(of course) who fills her needs, but in an unselfish manner. She is generous in her spousal/SO relationship. She knows how to show her skills, and yet knows how to be modest while doing so. She is eager to share her knowledge with other divas, but isn't afraid to let someone know when she doesn't know much. More than anything She knows how to take care of herself so she can meet tomorrows snow day with a smile!

When necessary, she knows how to dish out a generous dose of snow spray:D

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHot said:
I have a hard time defining SkiDiva, in writing, without being a teensy weensy bit naughty.

Over all I think A SkiDiva is female(of course) who fills her needs, but in an unselfish manner. She is generous in her spousal/SO relationship. She knows how to show her skills, and yet knows how to be modest while doing so. She is eager to share her knowledge with other divas, but isn't afraid to let someone know when she doesn't know much. More than anything She knows how to take care of herself so she can meet tomorrows snow day with a smile!

When necessary, she knows how to dish out a generous dose of snow spray:D

Well said! :D

Also, I think a SkiDiva wants other women (skiers and potential skiers) to feel the pure joy of skiing as much as she does. She wants women to see how skiing can connect you to the mountains, to the Earth, and to the universe as a whole. By being outside, and enjoying the fruits of Mother Nature, and communing with her, we can truly feel the power and mystery of being female.

Well, that's how I feel when I am outdoors, anyway. :o Meditating through play.

Thatsagirl

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna