• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How bad is the jonesing?

KBee

Angel Diva
Internal primal screaming for snow and gravity? Who's shopping for gear? Training? Refusing to remove the gear from the living room? (Really--it's still in the bay window behind the sofa, and nobody is allowed to touch it. It's the best "climate" for the plastics anyway, so don't touch my skis!) Watching movies and videos? Gaah, summer. Not a fan. Considering Timberline tomorrow, but worried about sticky, warm, glacier skiing--never tried it. We shall see. Have to feed the beast soon.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Internal primal screaming for snow and gravity? Who's shopping for gear? Training? Refusing to remove the gear from the living room? (Really--it's still in the bay window behind the sofa, and nobody is allowed to touch it. It's the best "climate" for the plastics anyway, so don't touch my skis!) Watching movies and videos? Gaah, summer. Not a fan. Considering Timberline tomorrow, but worried about sticky, warm, glacier skiing--never tried it. We shall see. Have to feed the beast soon.

Oh I am soooo jonesing. wish I lived closer I'd be at Timberline w/you. This past spring I used Rain-X Windshield washer concentrate on my skis.. NO Stick until about noon!! GO SKI Make us all really jones.. lol.. I'm planning my winter escapes makes the heat a tad more bearable but not much..

Babette

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The jonesing is bad! I'm on the injured list so that mitigates it somewhat but I have been doing some online clothing shopping and am starting to mark my calendar for things like the Boston Ski Expo and a local ski swap that's happening in early October.

@KBee: I learned to ski at Timberline! There's no place like it!

socalgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All the family's gloves have been dumped out onto the floor. Like a small mountain beckoning. We needed their container to store documents in case we need to evacuate.

mustski

Angel Diva
All the family's gloves have been dumped out onto the floor. Like a small mountain beckoning. We needed their container to store documents in case we need to evacuate.
Leaving topic briefly to say ... be safe! We went through that last year! Now ... back to jonesing! Yes, now that we booked our ski diva west flight and accommodations, I am searching for our planned trip to Copper and Steamboat. We are looking at March. We have also watched Aspen Extreme and the Blizzard of Ahs is next. If anyone is interested in Copper or Steamboat in March, I found some great multi room accommodations. We are bringing our dogs though!

emmnicole94

Diva in Training
Lets just say...I just bought another pair of goggles "because they were on sale". You better believe I wore them around the house for a little bit once they came in the mail.

Basically every leg day at the gym has turned into "getting legs into ski shape day because ski season is just around the corner."

I currently have two other tabs open looking at ski jackets,

AND I may or may not have told my skis that I miss them...

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I visited a friend over the weekend and realized that she hasn't taken down her Christmas tree yet. We decided that December would be here soon enough so at this point she should just leave it up. No, it's not still decorated.

I can't wait for December. I got an email about the new Renouns today and watched the video about 4 times. Then I went out to the garage and assured my Renouns that they do "bring me joy" and that I would use them soon.

I may sell a couple of other pairs of skis that no longer bring me joy.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Its pretty bad. I have my skis leaning on the wall by my desk. I look at them every day. I watch alot of ski videos. I have a countdown set for the typical opening weekend

Jilly

Staff member
My skis are under the bed at the cottage. With the move this summer I thought they would be safer up there. Boots and suits too.

But I haven't got around to washing the suits yet, so that is on tap for this weekend. Supposed to warm and sunny, so they will dry well!

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Starting my equipment and apparel inventory this weekend. Monday is a trip to the ski shop to pick up my conditioned skis and get my boots worked on (new liners are likely). I had some treatments done on the skis' bases that I haven't tried before. Can't wait to check it out. Sessions at the indoor ski training center are on the agenda. Can summer please be over now?

Tvan

Angel Diva
I looked longingly at skis in Burlington yesterday. There were some good pre-season sales at the Outdoor Equipment store on Church St. Nothing that I needed in terms of skis, but I did score two great pairs of Kuhl pants at the sidewalk sale. (In fact, we did quite a lot of damage all up and down Church Street yesterday...doing our bit for the local economy!)

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I looked longingly at skis in Burlington yesterday. There were some good pre-season sales at the Outdoor Equipment store on Church St. Nothing that I needed in terms of skis, but I did score two great pairs of Kuhl pants at the sidewalk sale. (In fact, we did quite a lot of damage all up and down Church Street yesterday...doing our bit for the local economy!)

Alpine Shop on Williston Road in South Burlington still has a ton of 2018 gear at deeply discounted prices. I know because I’ve been eyeing a pair of Nordica Astral 78’s. Last season I spent a non-trivial percentage of my annual income there so my husband is not into it, but we’ll see...

Tvan

Angel Diva
I also enjoyed seeing the initial “Back to School” sales starting to spring up... if it’s autumn, then ski season can’t be too far behind...

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually I added some exercises to my training routine this week in anticipation of ski season because I am missing it so much right now. I'm also spending a lot of time watching ski videos and reading ski magazines.

KBee

Angel Diva
I visited a friend over the weekend and realized that she hasn't taken down her Christmas tree yet. We decided that December would be here soon enough so at this point she should just leave it up. No, it's not still decorated.

I can't wait for December. I got an email about the new Renouns today and watched the video about 4 times. Then I went out to the garage and assured my Renouns that they do "bring me joy" and that I would use them soon.

I may sell a couple of other pairs of skis that no longer bring me joy.

Is she a skiier? Because I imaging that could get in the way of decorating! (Also trying to Kondo, btw, an it's... time consuming!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly