• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How are you passing the time during COVID-19?

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had gorgeous weather today, perfect for paddling in the sea and watching the kite surfers. It’s boring being at home and homeschooling is driving me nuts, but it helps that we have this on the doorstep F99240D6-E3C1-41F1-B9D8-70699D5F9690.jpeg

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Skiing Game? Such things should be shared!
@snowski/swimmouse - just saw this. The skiing computer game I play is called "Steep" and it's available on a gaming platform called Steam. It's downloadable so no buying CDs and installing it. I can "ski" around the world, earn points to outfit my skier, participate in world wide competitions and so on. Haven't played in awhile, should go see what's going on in the game.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Mostly I've been working from home for Red Cross, swimming in my heated pool, riding my bike in the neighborhood and continuing to work with Claire my organizer. She's absolutely a gift from God who knows when to push me a little more to donate or throw out something yet when something's NOT negotiable for example, has a Merrill Lynch bull on it! She's also from NY for we don't pussy foot around; We just say what we're thinking. Mondays 5-6:30 I;ve organized a block happy hour where everyone brings their own drink and a chair and we straddle my next door heighbors' driveway half on each side and socially distanced! And Friday evenings I'm in the Zoom happy hour (or two) with "the ski divas"!

I did leave here once two weeks ago; Niece Holly with son 5 have guarantinedsince March & Holly asked me to drive to her Lake Jackson, GA home and I felt safe to be with them so I drove down that Saturday, we took the boat to a concert on the lake by the dam, everyone but the band (on private dock) on boats so socially distanced. Jack is just growing up so fast; He starts kindergarten in the fall. You should see him casting a fishing line! It gave Holly and I both a chance to do a little "mental health" therapy. The only thing I was concerned about was stopping for gas. There was absolutely noone else at the pumps and I put a plastic bag on my hand and wiped my credit card, hands and stearring wheel with an alcohol wipe. It was a nice break for all three of us in all of this. She won't go back to the office before June 4th at the earliest, but working from home has actually given her so much more time in the day without the 90 minute round trip commute everyday.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Mostly I've been working from home for Red Cross, swimming in my heated pool, riding my bike in the neighborhood and continuing to work with Claire my organizer. She's absolutely a gift from God who knows when to push me a little more to donate or throw out something yet when something's NOT negotiable for example, has a Merrill Lynch bull on it! She's also from NY for we don't pussy foot around; We just say what we're thinking. Mondays 5-6:30 I;ve organized a block happy hour where everyone brings their own drink and a chair and we straddle my next door heighbors' driveway half on each side and socially distanced! And Friday evenings I'm in the Zoom happy hour (or two) with "the ski divas"!

I did leave here once two weeks ago; Niece Holly with son 5 have guarantinedsince March & Holly asked me to drive to her Lake Jackson, GA home and I felt safe to be with them so I drove down that Saturday, we took the boat to a concert on the lake by the dam, everyone but the band (on private dock) on boats so socially distanced. Jack is just growing up so fast; He starts kindergarten in the fall. You should see him casting a fishing line! It gave Holly and I both a chance to do a little "mental health" therapy. The only thing I was concerned about was stopping for gas. There was absolutely noone else at the pumps and I put a plastic bag on my hand and wiped my credit card, hands and stearring wheel with an alcohol wipe. It was a nice break for all three of us in all of this. She won't go back to the office before June 4th at the earliest, but working from home has actually given her so much more time in the day without the 90 minute round trip commute everyday.

A concert with everyone on boats sounds so nice!! With or without Covid.

Tvan

Angel Diva
BE6FC62E-502A-4606-9833-0DA3B2051BE6.jpeg

Back Porch Movie Night at Chez Tvan. ”The Love Bug” and a glass of wine... perfect way to end a day in the lake (Just beyond the trees behind the screen).

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We are racing in COVID-19 mode at least until the middle of the season. We double hand my boat on Monday nights and sail with three on Wednesdays. It is a format called Plus Racing racing. It allows for one person for each 10 feet of boat length plus one more. I managed to have the smallest boat in my fleet and the least number of hands on Wednesdays! Thank God I have youthful sailors who race with me! This is from last night heading to the finish line.
1592939728526.png

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've started taking an online photography course. I've wanted to take a class from this particular website for a couple years now, but the schedule never seemed to work for me. Now that I'm not traveling and I'm working from home, I have lots of time for photography. Only on week 2, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Each week they give you lesson materials to read or a video and then they give you an assignment based on the lesson and you upload your work for the instructor to critique.
I'm already planning to sign up for another class next month.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I've started taking an online photography course. I've wanted to take a class from this particular website for a couple years now, but the schedule never seemed to work for me. Now that I'm not traveling and I'm working from home, I have lots of time for photography. Only on week 2, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Each week they give you lesson materials to read or a video and then they give you an assignment based on the lesson and you upload your work for the instructor to critique.
I'm already planning to sign up for another class next month.

Which site are you using? I've been doing one that's free and also goes in a weekly cadence, but your work is not critiqued. You can ask questions and there are moderators to answer them though.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which site are you using?
I'm using the Bryan Peterson School of Photography--it's bpsop.com
I've read many of his books and really like the way things are explained, so I decided a while back I wanted to take a class through his site, though he does not teach the class I'm currently taking. They have lots of different classes from beginner to semi-pro. The one I'm doing now is "Celebrate Your Life In Beautiful Images". It focuses on photographing things you encounter in your daily life (taking a walk, pets, food, household items etc). I thought what better type of thing to do when I'm supposed to stay close to home anyway? I've already learned a couple new things. They have a forum you can ask questions on and the instructor will reply (mine keeps encouraging us to ask questions)--I think other students can reply too, but I'm not really sure as there is only other student in my class and our forum is not that active. The instructor did a video critique of our work and sent out a private youtube link for us to view the critique. I'm not sure if all the critique is video or if sometimes it's just written comments on you photos. It's been fun challenging myself each week to find the best shots to fit the assignment.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'm using the Bryan Peterson School of Photography--it's bpsop.com
I've read many of his books and really like the way things are explained, so I decided a while back I wanted to take a class through his site, though he does not teach the class I'm currently taking. They have lots of different classes from beginner to semi-pro. The one I'm doing now is "Celebrate Your Life In Beautiful Images". It focuses on photographing things you encounter in your daily life (taking a walk, pets, food, household items etc). I thought what better type of thing to do when I'm supposed to stay close to home anyway? I've already learned a couple new things. They have a forum you can ask questions on and the instructor will reply (mine keeps encouraging us to ask questions)--I think other students can reply too, but I'm not really sure as there is only other student in my class and our forum is not that active. The instructor did a video critique of our work and sent out a private youtube link for us to view the critique. I'm not sure if all the critique is video or if sometimes it's just written comments on you photos. It's been fun challenging myself each week to find the best shots to fit the assignment.

That sounds really great! I’ll have to take a look for future options.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Fair to say that I'm reading about COVID-19 pretty much every day. Not national headlines, but more local news. Here's an inspirational story about a woman who is 102. She survived the Spanish flu as a baby and COVID-19 in 2020. Clearly still clear minded and going strong.

July 16, My NBC-5 News (Upstate NY, VT, NH)
Spanish Flu, cancer and coronavirus no match for 102-year-old
Family says Mildred "Gerry" Schappals is as sweet, kind and as independent as ever
https://www.mynbc5.com/article/stit...oronavirus-no-match-for-102-year-old/33340528

altagirl

Staff member
I bought a new camera and that's been my Covid 19 pastime - figuring out DSLR settings. :smile: I bought a book and have watched some YouTube tutorials. Back button focus is seriously the best thing ever....

And it has gotten me motivated to get up stupid early in the morning when the light is good and there is almost no one else out yet. Frog 7 18 20 g.jpg
GHOW 7 18 20 m.jpgBlue Darner 7 4 20 d.jpgAWPE 7 18 20 a.jpg20200718_192852.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly