• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How are you passing the time during COVID-19?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Learned about the YouTube streaming of Andrew Lloyd Weber musicals last week. Watched Cats The Musical on Friday evening. Quite fun especially now that my husband has figured out how to get YouTube videos on the big screen TV in the living room. Just search YouTube for "the show must go on."

https://www.timeout.com/news/andrew...ing-free-on-youtube-for-a-limited-time-051120
" . . .
A different Lloyd Webber musical streams each week on The Shows Must Go On!, a YouTube channel devoted to this project. Each show goes live on the channel on Friday at 7pm BST (2pm EDT, 5am AEDT), and usually remains viewable for 48 hours afterward.

In addition to full-length videos, the channel streams clips and behind-the-scenes footage. (Lloyd Webber has already shared several individual songs, performed by himself at his piano, in sweet videos on his Instagram and Facebook accounts.) Links to charitable organisations are provided.

The shows in the series are announced week by week. Here is what's up next:

Friday May 15: ‘Cats'

After leading off with 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat', 'Jesus Christ Superstar' and 'The Phantom of the Opera', The Shows Must Go On! has spent the past three weeks giving us Lloyd Webber rarities as we waited with growing anticipation for 'Cats'. Now it has arrived.
. . ."

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Divas, I’m hooked on Korean web comics! I’ve been recovering from a cold and managed to make my way through 4 series this weekend. I feel like a total nerd but at least I didn’t snack throughout the entire time I was reading!

The web comics are basically like reading romance novels, but the art is actually pretty impressive! I’ve been reading comics published on the Line Webtoon app. I’m not typically into this stuff but I guess quarantine is making me discover new things.

Jenny

Angel Diva
@BlueSkies - I think it was you who said our husbands would get along with the TV stuff? You might need to rethink that. Today has been a Doogie Howser MD marathon. We didn’t even watch the show when it was originally on!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@ilovepugs is there a particular one of these Korean web comics? Confess that I'd like to check it out. I love Derek Kirk Kim's work.

This is so worth watching:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
@ilovepugs is there a particular one of these Korean web comics? Confess that I'd like to check it out. I love Derek Kirk Kim's work.

This is so worth watching:

I got sucked into “Midnight Poppyland” based on a Facebook ad. I also read through “Siren’s Lament” and “True Beauty” and a few others published via Line Webtoon. Again, I make no apologies for my taste - these are totally the comic equivalent of mass market romance novels - but I guess I don’t need to be intellectual and highbrow all the time!

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@BlueSkies - I think it was you who said our husbands would get along with the TV stuff? You might need to rethink that. Today has been a Doogie Howser MD marathon. We didn’t even watch the show when it was originally on!
@Jenny- Must have been a poor night for shoot-em -up shows as we wound up watching Food Network.:smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just enjoyed a performance based on Bolero by Juilliard students, plus a few famous alumni like Yoyo Ma and Iitzhak Pearlman. It was published in late April.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
My DH is into movies and TV series. He likes buying them too. So far, we’ve gone through Agents of Shield Season 5, all the Harry Potter movies (including Fantastic Beasts), and all the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings movies. We’re watching Star Trek Discovery from Netflix, and he’s rewatching the Highlander series. Here and there we stream new (to us) movies from Netflix. Next on his list is to rewatch all the Star Trek Kelvin movies. The funny bit is, I usually don’t remember much from movies, so when I rewatch with him, it’s like mostly new to me.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I may need to join Face Mask/Covers Buyers Anonymous. I started out making my own masks until I ran out of elastic (I don't care for the hair tie method) so I ordered a couple. Now so many people are selling the cloth variety in many fun prints and colors I can't stop looking and buying new prints. Yesterday I got a paisley one and today a madras print.

altagirl

Staff member
I may need to join Face Mask/Covers Buyers Anonymous. I started out making my own masks until I ran out of elastic (I don't care for the hair tie method) so I ordered a couple. Now so many people are selling the cloth variety in many fun prints and colors I can't stop looking and buying new prints. Yesterday I got a paisley one and today a madras print.
I haven't bought any pre-made, but admit I currebtly have a fabric buying problem.... I feel like I get a daily package from etsy.

Soujan

Angel Diva
I haven't bought any pre-made, but admit I currebtly have a fabric buying problem.... I feel like I get a daily package from etsy.
I started sewing my own masks. When I started a few weeks ago, it was only the 3rd time I've used my sewing machine. I've gotten a lot better at it after making about 40 masks. I give them to my family and friends. I've been making them out of old sheets and shirts.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I can't believe I haven't replied to this sooner, but I guess I've been too busy!

I flew home from my annual three weeks of skiing in VT March 14th and immediately "hit the road" seeking TP-got it on the seventh try! I gradually stocked up on other needs until my final grocery trip April 8th.

I normally work from home managing one family house fire cases for our tri-county area. I'm still doing that, but now all meetings are Zoom or similar. It seems like I'm spending ~more~ time this way!

Tornado (2/6/20) damage still needs to be cleaned up.

Cleared veggie garden and planted all of this year's "crops"; I should be able to pick spinach shortly and cherry tomatoes by the first week of June. I've also planted flower seeds, bulbs and some flower plants.

I started working last year with an "organizer" cleaning our my home, garage and storage unit from all that I brought back from VT & FL after I sold my parents' two homes. She comes one afternoon a week and leaves me "homework" assignments to do before her return the next week. We agreed we could keep this up as long as the three of us (including her husband) all stay healthy and careful.

I do a couple zoom "happy hours", but I also organized my older block neighbors into a happy hour where everyone brings their own beverage and chair and we straddle my next door neighbors' driveway in social distancing. Mentally I think it's the greatest thing. Even the folks walking by comment on our obvious distancing and good idea! Now that things are opening up, I asked this last time if the others planned to change their approach and the resounding answer was "NO!" None of us can afford to take any chances!

I'm super lucky that I have a heated pool in the backyard for both exercise and mental health. I don't know that I could have survived without it!!!!!

I'm certainly as busy as ever, but being a super social being, quarantining at home is super rough for a single person!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Golf courses opened yesterday in Quebec - and I was there! Playing as poorly as ever, sad to say, but it was lovely to get out and do something that felt "normal." Of course, bar not open and the indoors is all very regimented: pay and get out, following the directional arrows. On the course, no touching anything except your own ball and clubs. No touching the flag, no raking allowed (why am I not sad about that?), nor can the ball make that satisfying plunk as it goes into the hole as there's styrofoam or something in the hole so the ball is easy to reach.

And I've just heard our local farmers market will open June 5. Hurray about that!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
B6F69DB3-068E-4ECB-B669-DB4F45C59C82.jpeg
Pool is up to 75 degrees! Still chilly but tolerable. Whenever I sit out here, I feel very keenly that we live in a resort.

I would say the most negative effect of living here is it makes me very uninterested in working and developing my career. lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly