• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How are you exercising right now?

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The type of trainer I'm talking about attaches to your back wheel hub. Very stable and you do not need to remove the wheel so set up is very easy. For classes you will need Speed/distance or cadence sensors. Garmin and Wahoo make them. Setup on bike is supposed to be very easy. They are Bluetooth compatible so connect with your phone, watch or bike computer.

I have a very old version of this one. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...22A49575E8D7D5F152A800EA3182&ts=1587657287922
Here's the Garmin sensors I'm talking about. https://www.rei.com/product/161113/garmin-bike-speed-sensor-2-and-cadence-sensor-2-bundle.

Jilly

Staff member
I am buying one of the spin bikes from the studio. We are trying to figure out how to stuff it in my Honda CRV! And I have a trusted friend near my home to help me get it up into my condo. Only two steps up and in a storm door, but a little ambitious for me without help. i’m going to put it in the living room in front of the TV to discourage me from just sitting and watching TV!

Our paddle gym was renting out the erg's for $100/month. I approached my local gym about doing the same with a wind bike. Never got an answer.

You should be able to fold the seats and get it in sideways...lower the seat and handle bars all the way down.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am buying one of the spin bikes from the studio. We are trying to figure out how to stuff it in my Honda CRV! And I have a trusted friend near my home to help me get it up into my condo. Only two steps up and in a storm door, but a little ambitious for me without help. i’m going to put it in the living room in front of the TV to discourage me from just sitting and watching TV!
CRV's are rated 2nd highest in cargo space of all crossover's. Depending on the age of your CRV you might be able to stand it up. In our 06 CRV we can roll both road bikes in and turn the front wheels to the center. No need to take the front wheels off. Haven't tried putting my bike in my newer '17 CRV. Not sure if it will fit like that because of the space between the front and back seats when the back seats are down.

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I transported the spin bikes home—with a one hex nut removal of the bottom plug you could completely and easily remove the handlebar and seat post.

Now for anyone really wanting to get an indoor bike trainer — consider if a “smart trainer” might fit the budget and then you can ride all types of videoed virtual courses on apps like tacx or rouvy, fulgas or zwift. Those really make the time fly by on the indoor setup!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
CRV's are rated 2nd highest in cargo space of all crossover's. Depending on the age of your CRV you might be able to stand it up. In our 06 CRV we can roll both road bikes in and turn the front wheels to the center. No need to take the front wheels off. Haven't tried putting my bike in my newer '17 CRV. Not sure if it will fit like that because of the space between the front and back seats when the back seats are down.

mine is a 2005. I am hoping since it is an older boxy one, that we will be able to stand the bike up. If not we will shove things around until it fits! Seeing as I once got the bulkhead for a sailboat in my Honda Civic I figure I’m up for any challenge!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I transported the spin bikes home—with a one hex nut removal of the bottom plug you could completely and easily remove the handlebar and seat post.

Now for anyone really wanting to get an indoor bike trainer — consider if a “smart trainer” might fit the budget and then you can ride all types of videoed virtual courses on apps like tacx or rouvy, fulgas or zwift. Those really make the time fly by on the indoor setup!

Thank you! I totally forgot about that!

Obviously I am not the spin person from Providence Pilates center! But I figured I needed an alternative exercise to walking and jogging for the rainy days. Along with the Pilates, of course! I’ve been considering mucking about with my kettlebells but I am also being careful of not putting much strain on my heart. Which is a whole other issue!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
thanks to @santacruz skier, I made it to the ocean today!

View attachment 12862
Ocean Beach? Brings back fond memories in SF on the few hot days!!
I'm at beach today walking and rangers everywhere as tons of people here in SC who clearly don't live here. What don't they I understand about shelter in place.
Valley Go Home!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly