• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How an East Coast Skier views the rest of the USA

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@SierraLuLu, you flew from CA to VT to ski? Yes, it's reasonable to ask you why. Our weather is not as conducive to user-friendly snow as in the Mammoth area.

So, why? I bet it's for some reason other than the snow quality.

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@SierraLuLu, you flew from CA to VT to ski? Yes, it's reasonable to ask you why. Our weather is not as conducive to user-friendly snow as in the Mammoth area.

So, why? I bet it's for some reason other than the snow quality.

Because I had never been there and it seemed fun! My Ikon pass worked at Killington and I had some friends and in-laws I could meet up with. I couldn’t stop thinking about the feet and feet of powder at Mammoth though. It wasn’t better snow, but I think it made me a better skier.

marzNC

Angel Diva
From the perspective of folks who ski in the NC/WV mountains, FL is known for people willing to drive a lot of hours to ski small hills. However, no one wants to be behind a FL plate because far too many FL residents have no idea how to drive in snow.

Christy

Angel Diva
My map of east coast skiing would have "really good skiers that can ski in anything" on the NE and eastern Canada.

I don't have a handle on the other areas of the east so that would be blank. Maybe they should have that too.

newboots

Angel Diva
My map of east coast skiing would have "really good skiers that can ski in anything" on the NE and eastern Canada.

My only problem with this is that I can’t ski in powder! I’ve had three tries, plus I tried in my back yard. (There the most serious problem was getting off the snowshoes and onto the skis! Incredibly difficult!)

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jeans, no hat, sweatshirt: Michigan (or Wisconsin)--'what, this is cold?'. .

True. Haha.
On warmer days I dont wear a coat..I have skied in jeans once on a 50° day.
Also true that there's nothing to see in IL. I grew up there. FLAT. We went sledding as kids at the sledding hill and also did tractor sledding

Also is there a higher resolution picture? I cant read it on my phone even with it zoomed in.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is mostly comedy gold but I disagree with a few things. Upstate NY is not so much where people from long island ski. That's all city folk right there. A lot of people from long Island ski Vermont because unlike city people, we have cars and we can even take the ferry to get off the island. I also think new Hampshire needs a bode Miller tag

Candebsna

Certified Ski Diva
Expensive ski outfits, matching everything: prolly Cali. That's my skier stereotyping for the day. I probably should quit while I'm ahead.

Expensive ski outfits is definitely Aspen! Where all the ladies wear Bogner stars and drink glasses of Veuve between runs. I personally love the scene for the people watching.
Mammoth is way more laid back, a young boarder vibe.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haha, yes to pretty much all of this!

- I grew up in NJ and we would ski with family friends who lived on Long Island- and yes we did weekend trips to Hunter Mtn all the time. Sometimes Gore or Whiteface. We went to VT too, but that was for our week-long vacation trips.
- We also went to Maine once for a family ski trip. It was really really cold. That was the year our skis froze to our roof rack.
- Now I have the beautiful Mt. Airy Lodge song stuck in my head... DH too-- he grew up in NY. As soon as I said the name, he sang the whole jingle.
- I'm not sure about Wyoming being VT west??
- Mormons and good skiing are the 2 things I know about Utah. Never been there. Maybe someday.
- My dad used to ski. Then he remarried someone who hates snow and skiing. They now spend the winter in Florida.
- Change "I will move here someday" to "I just moved here" for VT :thumbsup:

marzNC

Angel Diva
This East Coast skier moved out west, where we DO ski on volcanos! Wouldn't trade it for all the "ski hills" in North Carolina, or Virginia!
Hello there! I'm still in NC, with Massanutten as my home mountain. Had a great time skiing at Bachelor during late, late season. Planning to go back.

What's your home mountain now?

Jersey Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
Because I had never been there and it seemed fun! My Ikon pass worked at Killington and I had some friends and in-laws I could meet up with. I couldn’t stop thinking about the feet and feet of powder at Mammoth though. It wasn’t better snow, but I think it made me a better skier.
Skiing in the Northeast prepares you for skiing anywhere... lol.
I am jealous that you have Mammoth!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing