• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How an East Coast Skier views the rest of the USA

Christy

Angel Diva
I like the question mark over Idaho. The first time my in-laws from Iowa met us in Sun Valley, locals told him that they get a lot of visitors to get Iowa and Idaho mixed up. Apparently a lot of people aren't too sure about the geography of either state. That probably happens a lot with states in the middle.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:rotf: There will be even more when that new inside ski hill opens..

Oh, totally. Mall people aren't getting dressed up to go skiing. lol

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Colorado is not "owned" by Vail Resorts. They're not even close. They own 5 out of 28 resorts here in Colorado.

Christy

Angel Diva
Then you didn't grow up in New York in the seventies! "Your host with the most in the Poconos" is famous for its heart-shaped bathtubs and slightly-sleazy television ads:

Wow, that really captures a place/moment in time. I don't think there is/was any equivalent in my corner of the world!

Jilly

Staff member
Reminds me of Niagara Falls years ago too.

If it weren't for the area code, that number is local here.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Funny, kind of true. Now, for a western skier map. In short: good angulation and proper ski form---NE skier (pick a state). Jeans, no hat, sweatshirt: Michigan (or Wisconsin)--'what, this is cold?'. Expensive ski outfits, matching everything: prolly Cali. That's my skier stereotyping for the day. I probably should quit while I'm ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly