• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hotronics S4

Jenny

Angel Diva
I just impulse bought these - can return them to the REI in town easily, if necessary.

What boot heaters do people have out there and if you have (or have had) these and hated them or got a different brand that you love more, please tell me why!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Hotronics, and honestly, I can't imagine skiing without them. Trust me, you will not return them.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Does it matter what kind of battery they have - nimh vs lithium ion?

I also threw in the clips that I guess slide over the power strap so the battery packs aren’t on the back of the boots - remembered people mentioning that otherwise they get hit by chairs.

And did you do anything special for installation or just follow whatever directions come with them? I know I’ve seen posts about where the wire runs, taping things down, doing this vs that, you know, stuff I never paid attention to because I didn’t have them then, lol.

kiki

Angel Diva
I have the thermic insert to my custom footbed that have a battery that clips on the side of the boot on the strap and are controlled via a Bluetooth app on my phone. I love them. They make a world of difference. I got the bigger batteries so they can go two ski days without recharging. They are a bit glitchy as they seem to disconnect somewhere inside in the footbed from time to time. I still would replace with the same ones if they died as they make my ski day so much better. My bootfitter acquired and installed them for me.(another shoutout that I love my bootfitter!)

MissySki

Angel Diva
Does it matter what kind of battery they have - nimh vs lithium ion?

I also threw in the clips that I guess slide over the power strap so the battery packs aren’t on the back of the boots - remembered people mentioning that otherwise they get hit by chairs.

And did you do anything special for installation or just follow whatever directions come with them? I know I’ve seen posts about where the wire runs, taping things down, doing this vs that, you know, stuff I never paid attention to because I didn’t have them then, lol.

You definitely don't want them on the back of your boots.. I have still squashed my wires and had to change them out due to lift chairs hitting them on the sides. I think my height is just right for some chairs to hit me in the wrong spot haha.

I've never installed any of them myself, I leave that to a boot fitter :smile: I don't think it's hard at all, I'm just paranoid about playing with my footbeds.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Sidas Pro boot heaters, and I've been very happy with them, but I don't think you can go wrong with Hotronics either. I've had mine over 5 yrs at this point, and I'm still on the original heating elements and batteries. Mr. tinymoose did have to have one of his heating elements replaced last year, and his were a year or so newer than mine.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I have the Sidas Pro boot heaters, and I've been very happy with them, but I don't think you can go wrong with Hotronics either. I've had mine over 5 yrs at this point, and I'm still on the original heating elements and batteries. Mr. tinymoose did have to have one of his heating elements replaced last year, and his were a year or so newer than mine.

I've had so many elements.. In particular I tend to turn and get my right one crunched on chairs. I don't blame that on the heating elements though, it's definitely my issue versus a quality issue haha.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had so many elements.. In particular I tend to turn and get my right one crunched on chairs. I don't blame that on the heating elements though, it's definitely my issue versus a quality issue haha.

I'm not sure how mine still work, tbh. My cords look kinked in places but they're still kicking (for now). lol

teppaz

Angel Diva
I've had Sidas for about five years as well and it's been a game changer for me. I did notice that the battery seemed to be draining faster than usual on my last trip, in February. Will have to get it checked out.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Hotronics and they've been fantastic. The batteries are of course the big expense, and mine have lasted five years now with no issues. I replaced the heating element/wire combo when I got new insoles and it was easy and inexpensive. My boots are snug, so I just used a Dremel to take out a little volume under the heater and the wires to compensate. I don't use the red sticky thing that you're supposed to put on your insole: I find it to be coarse and uncomfortable.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had Hotronics for well over 10 years. On my second set of elements as I put new elements in my new boots (myself, but plan on letting the boot fitter move them when I get my new insoles -I don't have a Dremel to make a channel for the wire). First set of elements lasted 2 pair of boots. On second or third set of batteries. Definitely use the clips to attach to the strap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly