• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Homewood, CA business model change

beane

Certified Ski Diva
It's also not just the traffic, homewood, though i love it so, has terrible lift infrastructure and very lacking facilities. it's so great on a powder day b/c it stays empty. also the gladed areas are *chefs kiss*. I'm not sure how i feel about this yet.

Blue Diamond

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
62AFD026-3953-4E65-916B-2A5B6F0115DB.jpeg
I skied Homewood a couple weeks ago. It is a very magical place. You defiinitely feel like you are skiing into Lake Tahoe. And zero crowds. But like others said, it has to be a “good winter” for it to have decent snow. This season has been wonderful. I hope to come a few more times before it turns private.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Homewood is a gem and have heard it most likely will privatize. Lift tickets are not cheap like you might think. This is the time to ski Homewood with all the snow! Probably not a good bet late season.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Homewood is a gem and have heard it most likely will privatize. Lift tickets are not cheap like you might think. This is the time to ski Homewood with all the snow! Probably not a good bet late season.
I looked at Homewood tickets a few weeks ago. I don't mind an over $100 ticket for 1 day of my trip.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I looked at Homewood tickets a few weeks ago. I don't mind an over $100 ticket for 1 day of my trip.
Go for it! It’s a wonderful small resort ! It used to be so cheap ! Many years ago combined with Tahoe Ski Bowl to make one resort. We used to pay $35 to ski there.

Christy

Angel Diva
View attachment 20252
I skied Homewood a couple weeks ago. It is a very magical place. You defiinitely feel like you are skiing into Lake Tahoe. And zero crowds. But like others said, it has to be a “good winter” for it to have decent snow. This season has been wonderful. I hope to come a few more times before it turns private.
Wow, that's gorgeous. For some reason I thought the place to her those big views of the lake was Heavenly but not so much the other resorts. Guess not.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Wow, that's gorgeous. For some reason I thought the place to her those big views of the lake was Heavenly but not so much the other resorts. Guess not.
Homewood is very low elevation. Snow is not always good. Views are exceptional though not Heavenly!

Blue Diamond

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it’s worth it, Amie. The views are unbeatable, very few people (no lift lines), and this is the season to visit Homewood due to excellent snow conditions. Go for it!

Blue Diamond

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heavenly has views of the lake, but you have part of the city of South Lake Tahoe and the villa between the lake and the base of Heavenly. At Homewood, the base is almost on lakefront (just the highway between the lake and the base of the resort).
A38AF625-54CF-4280-9407-F7202D5FB14C.png

Attachments

• 7EFCE573-0225-4124-8AFF-6CB505E96006.jpeg
    7EFCE573-0225-4124-8AFF-6CB505E96006.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 2

marzNC

Angel Diva
I saw this article via LiftBlog's Twitter account. Homewood moving to a semi-private/membership model.

Well, not going to happen after all.

October 12, 2023

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

Amie H

Angel Diva
It needs some infrastructure updates, though. Per the article, it sounds like some of that is in the works.

mustski

Angel Diva
My understanding is that plans for a gondola were rejected because of the proposed privatization. Now the gondola is back on the table with the proposed mix of club memberships and public access. The gondola had already been purchased so it sounds like Homewood was between the proverbial rock and the hard place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna