• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hmmm - Vermont is nice . . .

Tvan

Angel Diva
Yup. Currently eyeing property in Middlebury area.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes and I'm a BIT cranky about it since I just moved to Vermont and work remotely for an out-of-state employer. But you only qualify if you move after January, 2019.

:frusty:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Better hurry though! I read that only 25 people are eligible for 2019 and it’s first come first served. B2FEBCC1-92B3-468E-8BE0-1B015787568D.jpeg

Tvan

Angel Diva
Dang! Did you have this in the works before the program?

Sort of. Vermont has always been the retirement destination... skiing, obviously, but also to be closer to family. We aren’t quite ready to move there full time yet, but there just happens to be a house for sale in the area that we want to be, in the price range that we want to spend... so, off to see if it’s as good in real life as it is in photos,p. Then we’ll explore whether it makes sense to use it as a rental until we’re ready to make the move full-time.

newboots

Angel Diva
Bummer, moved here last year. I don't think I'd meet the "remote" employment requirement, either; I drive to Massachusetts to do contracted work and finish most of it at home.

Vermont is nice!

IMG_0985.PNG

Mt. Ascutney in the background
View from the top of the hill (my new back yard)

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lots of great reasons to live in Vermont. Except the deer eating my sprouting beans and peas in the garden this year - dang. They even ate zucchini leaves last night! I thought we had an agreement, the deer and I, but now I'm going to have to give in and put up a fence.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@VTsnowflower I can’t tell you how many phone calls with my Quechee- resident mother over the past 20 years ended with her saying menacingly: “I have to go. The deer are after my hostas again...”

Christy

Angel Diva
That's a really cool idea. I bet there are some people that think about doing this but are just a little too risk averse to try. The money would mitigate some of the risks.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I moved here from Pennsylvania 12 years ago and absolutely love it. Sure, the skiing isn't like it is out west. But the natural beauty, the pace of life, the little villages, the outdoor opportunities....I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else.

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
I went to college here, and lived here for several years afterward. A recession drove us out. 38 years later, I'm back! I love it here. The cost of living is higher than I'd like, as is the cost of heat. And the salaries are not what I used to make (um, by half!). But I'm happy to downsize in return for hiking from the back yard, skiing 25 minutes away, or . . . skiing in the back yard!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna