• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help with first ski purchase...

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Does anyone have an opinion on what my first skis should be. I have not owned since the 80’s. I am wanting to build confidence and control. I will be mostly in southern, VT skiing groomers. I’d love to ski a bit off the frontside someday. I am not aggressive yet. I hope someday after lessons and hours out that I will be.
I was fitted for boots and purchased last year (Nordica pro machine 110).
Here is what has been suggested to me.
k2 anthem, dynasty rocks legend 80w, Salomon aria 76 cf, Nordica Astral 84.
I thought I would just demo again this year but that gets pricey quickly.
Thanks!

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So many options. Please provide your weight, height, terrain preference (snow conditions where you will be using the skis most often if you know), and skill level.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Badger...thanks.
I'm 5'7, around 165. I'll ski Okemo, Sugarbush, Butternut maybe Killington. On a nice day with a good base I can ski all greens and most blues at Okemo. I need to get out of my head and just enjoy it. Planning lessons at Okemo. I'm just a bit hesitant....
Does this help. I skied every Friday night growing up in the midwest. Now I'm way older, stiffer etc but I'm working on that. :smile:

Like2Ski

Angel Diva
Do you ski Okemo on the Epic pass? If so there is a demo day at Mount Snow (also Epic now) on Saturday December 14th...it’s free!

Welcome to the forum!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
No pass until I can ski enough to make it worthwhile, or I go visit my brother in JH.
We are at Jackson Gore anytime fri dec 13 until Tuesday, but we weren't planning on skiing Sat. Only sun on. We can change that though.
I have skied BPearl and didn't like it. Salomon lux 92, it was ok and loved the Rossignal experience 88 TI.
Thanks for the info!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Sounds like we may try.
I'm seriously considering the dynastar Legend 80 W but I'm a bit hesitant in case I don't like them. I need to ski Mnt Snow anyhow because that's where I got my boots. I probably will need a tweak or so. I only have 8 hours in them.
Thanks again. ;)

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No pass until I can ski enough to make it worthwhile, or I go visit my brother in JH.
We are at Jackson Gore anytime fri dec 13 until Tuesday, but we weren't planning on skiing Sat. Only sun on. We can change that though.
I have skied BPearl and didn't like it. Salomon lux 92, it was ok and loved the Rossignal experience 88 TI.
Thanks for the info!

Hi, Welcome, I ski the east too, Since you liked the Rossi, try it again after demoing others
it just may be "your" ski. If you can demo more I'll suggest Atomic Cloud 7 or 8 the higher the # on the Cloud the more serious the ski, Yes to the Legend's Dynastar, Liberty 76W's were easy skiing skis
Blizzard Alight's are also very nice ski. So many skis! Glad you have good boots, diva mantra :marry your boots, date your skis"

many shops will deduct the demo price if you buy there.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Hi, Welcome, I ski the east too, Since you liked the Rossi, try it again after demoing others
it just may be "your" ski. If you can demo more I'll suggest Atomic Cloud 7 or 8 the higher the # on the Cloud the more serious the ski, Yes to the Legend's Dynastar, Liberty 76W's were easy skiing skis
Blizzard Alight's are also very nice ski. So many skis! Glad you have good boots, diva mantra :marry your boots, date your skis"

many shops will deduct the demo price if you buy there.
The owner at a local shop wants me to buy his Dynastar 80, legends...they are really inexpensive and come with bindings.
I'm seriously thinking about it. I appreciate your input.
S

Jilly

Staff member
Welcome to our world. I suspect you liked the Rossi because if was stiffer than the other 2 mentioned. Hint...Dynastar and Rossi are related companies, so they share technologies. I need to check some info on the Dynastars...

Jilly

Staff member
The Dynastar Legend 80 has been discontinued for 2020. That's why the deal. Dynastar renamed the all mountain range "Intense 4 x 4". This is sort of a throwback to their 4 x 4's they introduced in the early 2000's.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Welcome to our world. I suspect you liked the Rossi because if was stiffer than the other 2 mentioned. Hint...Dynastar and Rossi are related companies, so they share technologies. I need to check some info on the Dynastars...
Wow. Great to know. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna