• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

help me spend my money on more gear!

JT!

Certified Ski Diva
Hi!
I want to get a “one quiver ski”. I think the salomon shift bindings will do the trick for me, has anyone toured on the shifts?
I also was wondering what kind of ski y’all would recommend, I know the sheevas are a fan favorite, are there any others??
Thanks divas ;)

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have shift bindings on two pairs of skis and am generally happy with them. My afd (anti friction device) in the toe piece of the binding seems to not hold its position on one ski of each pair. You can find other reports of this in the internet. The shop guy said he has not seen a tech bulletin on this yet but had heard about it too. I have never had a pre release from the afd backing itself down so that’s to the good.

As to the tour function it works well enough. Once in a while I wished for more than the 1 heel riser setting. And of course they are heavier than a tech binding. I ski mine more in the resort but love the flexibility for being able to do a little touring when the conditions permit.

I have them on a DPS Cassair 95 and Sheeva 11. The sheevas are definitely a very fun ski!

Reactions: JT!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Hi!
I want to get a “one quiver ski”. I think the salomon shift bindings will do the trick for me, has anyone toured on the shifts?
I also was wondering what kind of ski y’all would recommend, I know the sheevas are a fan favorite, are there any others??
Thanks divas ;)
Few questions:
Where do you ski?
What are your specs?
What characteristics do you prefer in a ski?

I am fairly new to touring - the Shifts work for my purposes. Other than a couple courses (intro to Backcountry and AIARE 1) I have only toured on resort.

I ski in New England and the Sheeva 9 does most everything well, but there are definitely days you would want something with a bit more teeth.

JT!

Certified Ski Diva
Few questions:
Where do you ski?
What are your specs?
What characteristics do you prefer in a ski?

I am fairly new to touring - the Shifts work for my purposes. Other than a couple courses (intro to Backcountry and AIARE 1) I have only toured on resort.

I ski in New England and the Sheeva 9 does most everything well, but there are definitely days you would want something with a bit more teeth.
i ski in alberta and BC! i’m like 5ft6in and 130lbs and i want somethin fun that i can ski in the resort kinda off piste and also climb a mountain with

Elizabeth.I

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi!
Thanks divas ;)
I have the shifts on one pair of skis. I think they are an excellent choice for a one ski quiver! I find they ski very well. Some downsides of them are that the rear piece with the brakes actually falls off sometimes and you need this piece to ski down so if it gets lost, that is not ideal! It's an uncommon problem but I'm not the only one. I actually got a warranty part and the very same thing happened with the new parts so who knows! Also had them worked on by 2 different shops with the same result. I find them a bit fiddly, although that's just being a bit nit picky and not really a big deal. And the last thing is their weight, of course! But in terms of having a touring binding with great resort performance, you can't get much better!

Elizabeth.I

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i ski in alberta and BC! i’m like 5ft6in and 130lbs and i want somethin fun that i can ski in the resort kinda off piste and also climb a mountain with
If you're ever skiing kicking horse, the side country is amazing!!

Elizabeth.I

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're looking for a more free-style oriented ski, I think the Moment Sierra would be great. It's an inbounds ski so it performs great at the resort but is light enough to tour on. I do all my spring ski mo stuff on them! (Also alberta/BC skier here) I love touring on twin tips because they're way better in funky snow, which is inevitably encountered if you're going to the summit. Also, the sierras have amazing float for their width!

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My friend is a patroller & she hates the shifts. The toe piece does not provide stability. If u ski mostly off piste + mostly in resorts, I would recommend tech bindings marker kingpin or g3 ion lt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly