• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help me get pumped for women's clinic?

shadoj

Angel Diva
Awww, Diva Hugs! :grouphug:

Crying's a wonderful way to let out all our excess intense emotions! You definitely had some stressors with the disorganization, then challenging yourself technically & speaking up about your needs; you also found someone at roughly your level to commiserate with and had success in overcoming a bunch of those aforementioned stressors... just a flood of everything among the new information and people. Way to go!

Keep being kind to yourself! Hydrate, rest up; tomorrow's another day and a fresh start!

Yep, you got this!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I definitely would leave the demo skis until you are through with the clinic. It is hard enough to learn anything new while adding another variable, i.e. different skis.

I did the two day session at Okemo some years ago. Initially, I was annoyed at the group I was in. Thought I was better than they were! Wrong answer! The group I was in like me was dropping back a little to rework problems that years of bad habits had created. And yes, I did end up finding people to bond with. And a phenomenal instructor who I still stop to say hi to her when I see her out coaching a group of women. I don’t know if she’s doing it this year however.

Be kind to yourself while you are learning. Today will be tough conditions, so I hope you permitted yourself that as well. :grouphug:

Last edited:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
You know this… but worth restating: learning things is incredibly challenging as an adult, because to be open to learn, we have to go to the very vulnerable place of accepting that we aren’t “there”… if anything, your vulnerability is your superpower at a clinic.

++++ Learning new things as an adult is really hard. Many people never put themselves in that position in the first place and the fact that you're out there doing it is impressive & worthwhile by itself.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Thank you again everyone for your continued support. Today had ups and downs but ended on a high note and I certainly learned a lot of stuff that I can keep working on. My group's instructor was really lovely and does private lessons at HV, so I might consider doing another future lesson with her. I'll write an actual trip report in a separate thread with less whining. hahahahaha. But seriously, the encouragement here has really buoyed me through tackling something that was really hard and is one of the things I love so much about the Ski Diva space. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly