• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help me find a new ~150cm all-mountain midwest ski!

shadoj

Angel Diva
While I LOVE how my Sheevas ski, I also don't like the color they are. I DO like the glowing orange base parts though, Blizzard definitely got that part right haha. Sometimes we get lucky and sometimes not on topsheets I guess.

I love last year's blue models, but this year's are "anthracite" -- a graphite-y charcoal, which I might even like better than the blue in terms of wardrobe flexibility. I did get asked if I had lights on the bottom of my skis, since the bases glow so much!

shadoj

Angel Diva
How's Lutsen? Haven't been there in years.
Last year was fabulous! Bridge chair is still as scary as ever. Preliminary planning is for a group outing last (or perhaps 2nd to last) week in Feb, skiing (Mon?)-Tues-Weds. depending on who all has enough PTO in my friend group. That seems to be a sweet spot for low crowds, natural snow, and sunny mid-20F's days.

Thinking of going this year? Drop me a PM :smile:

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I'd love to this year, but I'm fortunate enough to be going out west a lot this Winter/Spring. I wish you could ski in April up there.
Maybe next December!

Are you in Duluth? I grew up on The Range.

shadoj

Angel Diva
I'd love to this year, but I'm fortunate enough to be going out west a lot this Winter/Spring. I wish you could ski in April up there.
Maybe next December!

Are you in Duluth? I grew up on The Range.
I'm in Hastings (SE metro), but love the Superior shore. Grew up in Fargo, ND, so any hill is a treat!

Nothing yet preventing me from a *return* trip to Lutsen for some mashy spring snow in April, especially since our season down here at Welch will be over by then...

shadoj

Angel Diva
I know what you mean. Hastings is a nice place!
Heehee, it is "special". A bit too red-necky for me, except there's a wonderful artsy-environmentalist undercurrent that helps keep me sane. Plus, I'm not smack downtown in the metro :smile: I get to see horsies on the drive into work every day. Peace.

newboots

Angel Diva
Sometimes we get lucky and sometimes not on topsheets I guess.

The topsheets on my last pair (Blizzard Quattros) was this awful reddish pink argyle pattern. Yes, like the socks. The color was weird. I lived through that and I will continue to manage with the BPs.

Quattros (they look better in the photo than real life!):

1641859478366.png

I have "invested" in a ski to grow into - the Liberty V76. Gorgeous skis, with a red moon (sun?) over some mountains on the topsheet. Look at these beauties (they look BETTER in real life!):

1641859350758.png

shadoj

Angel Diva
The topsheets on my last pair (Blizzard Quattros) was this awful reddish pink argyle pattern. Yes, like the socks. The color was weird. I lived through that and I will continue to manage with the BPs.

View attachment 17424

I have "invested" in a ski to grow into - the Liberty V76. Gorgeous skis, with a red moon (sun?) over some mountains on the topsheet. Look at these beauties (they look BETTER in real life!):

View attachment 17423
There's a strong possibility my next pair of skis could be Shaggy's with custom graphics of my choosing. Of course, choosing something worthy is hard! Back to the pour painting for possibilities ;)

And those totally look like socks I could rock!

teppaz

Angel Diva

View attachment 17424

View attachment 17423

Knitjenious

Angel Diva

View attachment 17424

View attachment 17423
Bumping this thread to hijack it and ask @newboots if you have skied those Libertys yet and what you think of them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly