• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: help me figure out which skis to demo?!

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes I tried next years skis, there was talk that the 93 width was something to check out for this year. According to reviews they’re similar to last years so I can’t tell if anything has actually changed?
Sweet, good to know. Was assuming you were tryin 18/19 but wanted to double check. There's been so much chatter about the 93s at this point I would buy without demoing.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
i do want to say i really liked the dynastar legend 96 too but b/c it was so similar to my ski now i opted for something different.

totally love that the Alluvit was so lively. you put energy into it and they just launch you. so fun. they didn't have the Fulluvit nor did they have the Rossi Temptation so i didn't get to try those.

last year i really liked testing the Fischer Ranger 98w's in a 168. that was such a fun playful ride.

i see that maybe i should have tried the Rossi Soul 7's? i really liked the Sky 7's altho i tried it in a 156, i think i would have liked to try it in the 164. my husband has an older version circa 2012-13 of the Rossi Super 7's which he only takes out west for resort powder days. lol, but they don't get much use otherwise. so he got the nordica enforcer's last year.

i took them all down the same line, D lift to midstation, see how well they did, then either did eisenhower, gun hill or kennedy depending on how i felt about the ski til then, and let it rip. or just let the ski go and ski for me. large radius turns, medium radius and small radius turns. quick turns and slow turns. and then note it mentally and then went back to the demo tent to switch out skis.

i'm pretty happy. at the demo tents, i got comments like "oh oh oh! look at that smile!!!" i guess i was grinning ear to ear :smile:

Last edited:

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Demoing is fun! Make sure to take notes right after you ski them, and also, take out the ones that are top of the list more than once. The more variable conditions, the better!

i totally did this, and took out the Nordica Santa Ana 93 and Rossi Sky out more than once b/c by the time i tried skis that totally "wow'ed" me, i had forgotten how much i liked these with so many skis that i tried in between these (the first two were early in the morning, and i took them out again in the afternoon.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
i got the 2019 nordica santa ana 93 161's ! mounting them with shift bindings so i can take them uphill if i'd like. should be great.

and i kept fingering the Rossi Sky 7's 164. the width on those is 97.
and the Soul 7's were 105. now i know.

i so wish i could have all the skis please. haha.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
An update!
Demo day was yesterday here on hill and this is what I learned:
- K2 pinnacle and alluvit are now called mindbender. I didn’t get to try but someone I ski with said he liked it.
- Fischer 84GT was another ski that someone else I used to ski with liked.

This is what I tried:
Elan ripstick w94 in 163
Blizzard Black pearl 88 in 166
Icelantic maiden 91 (freeride ski) in 160-ish
Armada Ti 87 in 160-ish

I disliked all except Elan ripstick - I was blown away. It’s floaty, fun, feels like Atomic Vantage, but takes direction from the skier much better.

I tried the skis in large, medium and short radius turns - slow skiing, medium fast skiing, and fast skiing - so 6 different ways. On groomed black and blue runs with good snow.

Mainly I felt while some were okay in large radius turns, none of them were great in short radius turns. I also experienced chatter which I wasn’t crazy about.

except the ripstick performed well and then some on all types of turns and was fun to boot.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I disliked all except Elan ripstick - I was blown away. It’s floaty, fun, feels like Atomic Vantage, but takes direction from the skier much better.
If you love the Ripstick I expect you would also love the Sheeva 9!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly