• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

HELP: looking for advice for long term Parking at Boston Logan or JFK or Newark

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I assume you are looking for a bargain price.
Do you need a place near the airport which makes renting a car easy?
Or do you have a ride already arranged and where you park doesn't have to be really near the airport?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Any chance you could go from TF Green in Providence? The long term parking is significantly cheaper there, and the experience of flying to and from is also so much more pleasant and less crowded than Boston and JFK.

We flew in from CO on Monday (Memorial Day) and by the time we got to baggage claim our bags, and all of the bags from the plane, were already lying around the stopped belt waiting for us. Easiest out on a holiday EVER! Granted, it was a small plane we flew back on, but so stress free on both ends! :smile:

I try and fly from there anytime I can.. hate driving into Boston unless I have no other choice! And I live in MA haha

elemmac

Angel Diva
Depending on how close you need to/want to be to the airport...when I fly from Boston, I use PreFlight Parking. It's a little cheaper than the economy lot (used to be a bigger difference), and not much further away. They have shuttles that run every 5-15 minutes...pretty easy. Two weeks will add up pretty quickly though...I think it's currently at $28/day. You get points to use for future reservations, which is a nice perk. My husband and I use it for work travel, then turn the points into free parking for personal use. So if you would potentially park there again, it might make the cost worth it.

Like @MissySki, I avoid Boston if I can...generally fly out of Manchester, NH or Portland, ME (cheaper parking, small airport = less hassle, but generally a bit more expensive flights and less direct options).

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Thank you everyone. I think we will end up with Uber for $200 each way… bah. We are trying to go to Portugal in the early fall….. then back for ski season. :0

elemmac

Angel Diva
Thank you everyone. I think we will end up with Uber for $200 each way… bah. We are trying to go to Portugal in the early fall….. then back for ski season. :0
If you want to [maybe] go cheaper, look into bus options. I sometimes take the bus from Portsmouth to Logan with C&J...about $50 round trip/pp with free parking at the bus station. C&J probably won't be of any help to you coming from CT, but I'm sure there are other bus lines from major areas that may offer free parking. Just a thought. Of course...there's a convenience factor with Uber.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since you asked about parking from three of the larger area airports, does that mean you are sticking to a certain airline? One that doesn't fly out of Bradley? Their economy lots start at just $42 / week. At Logan you'd be paying close to that per day. If flying out of Boston the better option would be to park at one of the Logan Express lots (Braintree or Framingham) and take the bus in. Parking at those lots is only $7 / day, and the bus $9 each way. Alternatively, you might want to look into hotel park and fly packages. We used to do that when we lived in Canada. It can be nice after a transatlantic flight to have a good night's sleep before getting on the road.

mustski

Angel Diva
Agree with park and fly. I searched for the dates we are traveling. Just to compare. We are traveling mid august to mid September and parknfly had hotel and parking for $503. That’s pretty good for a month if parking and a night in the hotel.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Since you asked about parking from three of the larger area airports, does that mean you are sticking to a certain airline? One that doesn't fly out of Bradley? Their economy lots start at just $42 / week. At Logan you'd be paying close to that per day. If flying out of Boston the better option would be to park at one of the Logan Express lots (Braintree or Framingham) and take the bus in. Parking at those lots is only $7 / day, and the bus $9 each way. Alternatively, you might want to look into hotel park and fly packages. We used to do that when we lived in Canada. It can be nice after a transatlantic flight to have a good night's sleep before getting on the road.
Yes, hartford does not have direct flights.
That is helpful. Hope you are doing well.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We've used stay/park-n-fly options, limos, buses and airport parking out of Boston. Airport parking is most convenient, but very pricey if using a lot at the airport vs. outlying shuttle lots (which still can be pricey). Stay and fly is nice, but check the times the airport transports are available (or look into cab/uber to get to/from hotel/airport). Limos are expensive when coming from a distance and have limited hours. Buses also have limited times. It's seems every trip we have to do our research based on flight times and cost to find the best option.

Soujan

Angel Diva
I've used SmartPark near JFK twice so far with no issues. They transport you to and from the terminal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965