• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help: Armada Victa 87 vs K2 mindbender 88Vs Nordica Santa Ana 88

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
I recently bought Armada Victa 87... i needed a stable front side ski as my K2 Fulluvit 95 is super fun on powder days but cant hold an edge on groomers and gets scary in icy conditions. I loved victa’s stability and speed on groomers but I don’t find it playfull at all. I hate it in moguls and trees. Any of you guys skis or demoed K2 mindbender 88 or Nordica Santa Ana 88? I would like to know if they are more playfull - freestyle skis that hold a good edge on groomers and ice?

Thank you!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I recently bought Armada Victa 87... i needed a stable front side ski as my K2 Fulluvit 95 is super fun on powder days but cant hold an edge on groomers and gets scary in icy conditions. I loved victa’s stability and speed on groomers but I don’t find it playfull at all. I hate it in moguls and trees. Any of you guys skis or demoed K2 mindbender 88 or Nordica Santa Ana 88? I would like to know if they are more playfull - freestyle skis that hold a good edge on groomers and ice?

Thank you!
Yes and yes. I own the Santa Ana 88, have since last season (I was able to snag a pair before they were officially in stores) and they are stable AND playful. Mindbenders are the same. I do recall the Victa being a smooth ski, but not one I would describe as playful.

I have probably close to 90 days on my Santa Anas now (not full days, most days are for a couple hours) and I just can't find much I don't like them in.

I skied the Mindbender 88s last winter and they were a really, really nice ski. I just don't have the miles on them that I do the SA 88.

LauraVa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I recently bought the Santa Anas after demoing them. I've had 3 days on them now, and I'm loving them. They're the perfect balance between stable and damp for me. I've had them out in fairly firm snow, but mostly very soft, cut up groomers. They rocked both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly