• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Helmets?

LKillick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Absolutely. Nobody did when I was a child/teen, so it was strange at first skiing with one now. But as an ICU nurse I know far too much to ever ski without one.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Completely no question. Helmets on when we ski, ride bikes, ride scooters, rollerblade, etc. not optional.

Like so many others, I start s skiing at a time when helmets just weren’t a “thing”. Safety concerns aside, I actually find life with helmets easier. They are warmer and more wind resistant than wool hats. They also eliminate the debate over which hat looks the best, and the debate over whether to wear goggles or wrap-around sunglasses. For the latter, especially, I am grateful. Though I loved my white sunglasses with leather sides panels in 1987.

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought mine after Natasha Richardson died in 2009, I can't believe I skied for so many years (20!) without wearing one. I'm now on my second one and find them so much warmer and more comfortable than woolly hats.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes I wore one since day 1. Im glad too. I had a good tumble in the early days that I felt the back of my head hit the snow. People I was skiing with helped me pick up my equipment which went sailing every where. I was thankful I had that helmet on. And I agree it does a great job of keeping your head warm. Ive been skiing when it was -27F° and my head was fine. Other parts were cold though!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna