• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Helmet amd ski personalization

Do you decorate helmet and skis

• Total voters

kiki

Angel Diva
Do any of you decorate your helmet or skis?

I've seem some children with stickers on their helmets and must admit I want some glittery flowers of my own.

Curious about how many of you personalize your gear, and if you do, what do you use (paint/stickers/-->and don't jeer me for this...but rhinestones??).

If you have customized did you do it yourself--like a sporty craft project, and of so what materials did you use and where did you get them?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found my Absolute Joys a little blah, and wanted to find them easier in a crowded rack. So they now have, yes, glittery flower stickers on them. I'm thinking of unicorns for my other pair. They aren't blah, but I want the easy identification factor.

I've never put stickers on a helmet, but when the kids were smaller I crocheted helmet covers for theirs. (Made them easier to find on the slopes.) Two years ago I saw crocheted helmet covers at the ski show- for over $100! Yikes. Considering that the helmet covers are now just floating somewhere in my basement, I'm glad I only spent a few dollars of yarn and a few hours of my time on them.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't usually like to decorate things I own but when I was watching the ski halfpipe last night some of the athletes (don't remember the country) had these white helmets with black line mountains on the front of them and they were so sweet, I really considered buying a white helmet and taking a sharpie to it!

kiki

Angel Diva
Ooh, a crochet cover!! I crochet! But the thought of a cool unicorn and some glittery flower seems way more fun.

I wonder how you would stick these on given all the air vents etc.

freckles

Certified Ski Diva
I don't usually like to decorate things I own but when I was watching the ski halfpipe last night some of the athletes (don't remember the country) had these white helmets with black line mountains on the front of them and they were so sweet, I really considered buying a white helmet and taking a sharpie to it!
Yes!
I have a black helmet and was just thinking about putting a sugar skull on it...

Jilly

Staff member
I have ski diva stickers on one skis and helmet. Also the store sticker on one ski. Makes them easier to find in the rack as there are so many Hero's at Tremblant.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are crochet patterns for this online
I just sat down with a ball of yarn and the helmet and did trial and error to make it fit right. One was bright yellow with the classic black smiley face on top, so you could see the smile from the chair lift. The other was striped with braids on the side and a pom pom on top. Silly stubby legged mutt found that one last year and chewed the pom pom off. But yeah, they are pretty straight forward to make and customize, and certainly not worth $100. (But if anyone wants to pay me $100 to make them one, I'm game.)

freckles

Certified Ski Diva
@freckles how do you do a sugar skull? Do you stamp it in glue, add sugar glitter, then heat set?
I was thinking the more traditional "Day of the Dead" sugar skulls and I wasn't going to do it myself -- better left to a professional (and let them know it would get outdoor use)

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I have my nickname/forum name on a custom sticker on my helmet. Bought it from awd planet; good firm, if anyone else is interested in custom stickers. Couple of local resort stickers, but that's it. Did my nickname on a pair of skis once - but then had to carefully scrape off when I put them up for sale. I seem to keep helmets longer!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pink fluffy unicorn dancing on rainbow sticker on the Sambas b/c too many on mountain.
Jackalope outline sticker on powder skis.

Thats it - mostly to ID skis on the rack.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Have stickers on skis and helmet from a few places that make them a bit more unique. Current helmet has a sticker from Massanutten (northern VA) since that's my home mountain. Will add one for Alta. Previous helmet had Alta, Big Sky, SkiSE, and a small one for Massanutten. Just added a Taos sticker to the Absolut Joys since I ended up bringing them given the low snow conditions. All-mountain skis have Alta and one or two other favorite places out west. Does make them easier to identify on the ski rack.

Also use a sharpie to add my name, but not in a super obvious place.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My helmet is covered in stickers from Mt's I've skied.. so no chance anyone will accidentally take it.. lol. Most of my skis have stickers also from where I've skied, although my Atomic's (Cloud 11) nothing sticks.. I did write my name in sharpie on them..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna