• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Helmet advice for 3-year old

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any advice out there for helmets for 3-4 year olds? Where do you get them? Any recommendations for brands, styles? This 3-year needs a helmet for sledding (as he is wanting to sled alone) and eventually for skiing (right now, skiing is around the backyard, but he likes it!) Thanks!

newboots

Angel Diva
All the little kids around here have all-purpose helmets, that they use for their tricycles, scooters, sledding, and skiing. I've seen them on Amazon (I bought a scooter - "Others who bought this also bought . . . "). My granddaughter wears her bike helmet. I don't know how effective it is, but she doesn't have far to fall.
:faint:

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We used a regular ski helmet for ours when they were that little, the smallest kids size you can find (I forget if it was XS or XXS). Our kids almost always wear balaclavas when they ski so that takes up a bit of the extra room. If your kid is super tiny and all the small kids helmets are too big go for a multipurpose helmet like Nutcase which makes really good helmets for little ones. I like to have a seperate bike helmet from ski helmet bc ski helmets are way warmer and keeping my kids warm is half of the battle for keeping them happy while sledding and skiing.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For budget shopping I'd start with the usual suspects- L9 and Sierra. You can usually find Lucky Bums for around $20. They have 2 sizes 48- 50 and 50 - 52. Smith has a MIPS kids helmet, which of course costs more, but it fits a larger range going from 48- 56. If you want one less thing to keep track of, a visor helmet can be handy. I don't think I've seen smaller than 48cm.

Emski528

Angel Diva
Both my girls (now 10 and 8) have Giro MIPS helmets listed in that article. When they were little we purchased cheap amazon ski helmets that never fit quite right. They quickly progressed up the mountain and I started to worry about them getting plowed over by a larger out of control skier. The Giro are also warm and cozy so they don’t need a hat underneath. We bought them at our local ski store (same price as online). We wear them winter mountain biking, too. Probably not too many out of control skiers in your backyard. A great kids mips bike helmet is probably good for sledding. We have Bontrager kids bike helmets. Love those too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna