• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Heel retainers to stop heels lifting in boots

westcoast21

Certified Ski Diva
Hi guys, Can anyone recommend what they've found or heard works best for stopping or at least lessening heels coming up in ski boots?
I'm not sure if my shells are simply too big or if my boots are just packed out, but I do know I simply cannot afford new boots right now. So any pointers, advice, help or experience you can share with me to help stop my heels lifting in my boots besides buying new boots or $400 Intuitions would be deeply appreciated ❤️❤️❤️ thank you in advance!!!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found that my go to inexpensive fix is the butterfly shaped foam stick-on the outside of the liner ankle pads. I tweak mine a little with scissors to get a perfect and comfy fit. Most of ly local shops sell them for 5 to 10 dollars. They are a pain if you take the liners out each time after boot use. I don't so they work well for me. I have such narrow ankles that I put them on over brand new unmolded intuitions even in low volume boots.

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Combination of a small heel wedge lift (if you tolerate such things—some people are more sensitive to them than others) and a butterfly wrap got me through my packed out liners phase until new could be purchased. Full length shim underneath the liner can help take up room too. Tognar usually has an affordable selection of shims and foam online if you don’t happen to live near a ski shop.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Foam J-bars. If you don't have a handy retailer, they can be bought online or diy'd from wide foam tape (hardware store)

Reactions: AJM

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another thing you can do is install an insole shim under the liner. This will raise your whole foot up to reduce or eliminate the amount of empty space above it.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are lots of variations on what you can add to the underside or outside of your liner to help the heel stay down. Just look online for shims for ski boots that are too big.

When you are ready to buy new boots, come back here and start a thread on how to buy the right boot. We will tell you more than you ever thought you needed to know about boot fit. This information is important. It will help you avoid buying yet another pair of boots that are too big.

Reactions: AJM

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Padded J bars on the outside of the liner work well, and I've put size reducers (like a really thin footbed) in my ski boots as well (between the liner and the footbed) and those 2 together have minimised any heel lift for me.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Hi guys, Can anyone recommend what they've found or heard works best for stopping or at least lessening heels coming up in ski boots?
I'm not sure if my shells are simply too big or if my boots are just packed out, but I do know I simply cannot afford new boots right now. So any pointers, advice, help or experience you can share with me to help stop my heels lifting in my boots besides buying new boots or $400 Intuitions would be deeply appreciated ❤️❤️❤️ thank you in a
Do go into a store and have them measure your feet to see if your shells are proper fit to your feet first.
If your shells are too big or incorrect volume, not much one can do. Spending money buying some gadgets will be super short lived.
I have been there.
If the shells are good fit, then you can replace the liners(stock liners are cheaper) or you can try something like below and shimms as some ladies here suggested. Not knowing what the cause is, hard to say.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna