• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Heated socks Lenz or Hotoronics?

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Anyone had good luck with heated ski socks?

I have been thinking I might want to try them.
The question is which brand to try.
I think there are popular brands, Lenz and Hotronics. Both in thin version.

If you have one of these, please share your experience.

Thanks!!!

akjen

Certified Ski Diva
I had the Lenz ones and really liked them. The only thing was they were just a little lumpy underfoot but that was from a few years ago I've since "upgraded" to boot heaters (definitely pricier) which I love and find more convenient for multiday trips (don't have to worry about washing them).

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
@Mudgirl630 you might find this recent thread helpful. https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/heated-boots-vs-socks.24477/#post-400724

I ordered the Lenz 5.0 slim fit socks, but they still have more heel and toe padding than a typical ultralight or light ski sock. I may try again and order the Lenz 6.0 socks in the fall when inventory gets better. They are thinner than the 5's. Knowing you ski those Atomic Redsters now I would think boot sole heaters or the 6.0's would be your only options. I think the 5.0's are going to be too bulky.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
@Mudgirl630 you might find this recent thread helpful. https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/heated-boots-vs-socks.24477/#post-400724

I ordered the Lenz 5.0 slim fit socks, but they still have more heel and toe padding than a typical ultralight or light ski sock. I may try again and order the Lenz 6.0 socks in the fall when inventory gets better. They are thinner than the 5's. Knowing you ski those Atomic Redsters now I would think boot sole heaters or the 6.0's would be your only options. I think the 5.0's are going to be too bulky.

I see. Thank you for your help! Yes, I do wear those boots. I also ski a lot, so it would be great to have not even warm feet, but not frozen ones. I currently have the Hotronics insole heater, but my feet are almost always cold when the temperature is low. So, I was wondering these sock option is better for me. Appreciated it!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I had the Lenz ones and really liked them. The only thing was they were just a little lumpy underfoot but that was from a few years ago I've since "upgraded" to boot heaters (definitely pricier) which I love and find more convenient for multiday trips (don't have to worry about washing them).
I live in a ski town for the whole season, so washing them is not an issue. I wanted something that works better than my Hotronics insole heater which do not work for me all that well. Thanks!

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
You could also research the Therm-ic socks. I had the chance to touch a pair recently and they are thinner (no extra heel or toe padding), but the wire runs down the achilles and under the heel like the Hotronic socks and I think the heating element is just under the ball of the foot.

What I like best about the Lenz socks is that it is a heated toe cap so I think it does a better job of keeping the front and tops of the toes warm too.

akjen

Certified Ski Diva
I see. Thank you for your help! Yes, I do wear those boots. I also ski a lot, so it would be great to have not even warm feet, but not frozen ones. I currently have the Hotronics insole heater, but my feet are almost always cold when the temperature is low. So, I was wondering these sock option is better for me. Appreciated it!
I just wanted to add that I also have feet that are always cold! Even with heated socks/boots. They just prevent my feet from freezing. Although I did get frostnip on the tips of my toes this year, even with boot sole heaters. May not have had that problem with heated socks since the heating element extends up the toecap...

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I just wanted to add that I also have feet that are always cold! Even with heated socks/boots. They just prevent my feet from freezing. Although I did get frostnip on the tips of my toes this year, even with boot sole heaters. May not have had that problem with heated socks since the heating element extends up the toecap...
Sounds like they are much better than the Hotronics insole version. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna