• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Heated boots / gloves Raynaud’s

Skisnow

Certified Ski Diva
I have a client who has quite severe Raynauds (extreme cold hands and feet / circulation cuts off).

She is amazing and perseveres and has asked me about heated gloves and boots.

I know Surefoot do a heated boot, does anyone have any experience with them? Are there any other recommendations?

Also any recommendations for gloves as well please are much appreciated.

Thank you

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
You can have heating elements added to any footbed. Therm-ic and Hotronics are the most common brands.
I was really interested in the Lenz heated socks. The whole toe cap is heated which I was sure would keep my feet warmer than heated soles, but I have really snug fitting boots and the socks were too thick for me, so something to be aware of depending on boot fit.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rossi makes alpine boots pure pro heat (flex 100) with integrated battery for $400-500 which is a steal cuz batteries alone cost $200-400. The rossi pure heat has a flex 70.But Idk how long the battery lasts.
My boots came with stock intuition liners. But intuition also makes super thick liners. The competitor of intuition is Palau which is apparently just as good but harder 2 find a dealer 2 try.
I use sidas insert with their pro batteries. Sidas was acquired by thermic. On very cold days or 4 night skiing I add boot glove.
4 hands mittens r warmer than gloves. I use OR mittens. On max setting the batteries only last til lunch. I bought extra batteries from OR.
I tried heated socks but they were too thin 2 wear alone but not thin enough 2 wear as a liner. + they were not stretchy & were uncomfortable.

Eviesnowcat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been using boot warmers for years and absolutely swear by them. I’ve had both Thermic and Hotronics over the years and they are both great. The battery pack clips on to the side of the boot and you can adjust the temperature setting. They are pricey though - and you have to remember to charge them up! I’ve seen some that have a mobile phone app to adjust the temperature but to me that sounds like a bit of a pain when you can just press the button on the battery pack.
My husband really suffers with cold hands and has not found any heating tech that helps as much as really good gloves. He swears by his Astis mitts (astis.com).

RhodySkiBum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also have Raynauds (mild) and I have these mittens and love them:

The mitts are pretty warm even without the heat, so many days I don't even turn them on, but on the really cold days - they are a game changer! My husband has the glove version, instead of mittens, and does not find them as warm. I tried heated socks, but they were too bulky under my boots.

Jilly

Staff member
Not sure if available outside of Canada....Karbon makes a battery powered mitt and glove and they are sold at Costco. Love mine. The battery isn't too bulky.

Volyund

Diva in Training
I just ski with toe warmers (chemical single use) that I stick to the top of my toes in temperatures below freezing. I buy toe warmers in 30 pack, and that tends to last me 2-3 years. I also loosen buckles for every lift ride, and that helps me retain circulation through the day.

For gloves, I put mittens on top of thin gloves, and that really helps.

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have raynaud's. Since I backcountry ski mostly, I didn't add boot heaters to my boots. When I get my liners molded I make sure to leave a little toe pocket for chemical heat packs. The biggest for me is making sure my feet are warm before I put on my ski boots. I make sure my toe warmers have some time to warm up before I stick them on top of my socks and slide my feet into my boots. On really cold days (e.g. Teens or lower) I put a boot glove on as well. I always loosen my buckles for the ride up. I can only ski in mittens and with the 18 hour body warmer size hand warmers. I tried the battery operated gloves. They were great until the battery died so I just went back to the chemical warmers. I love the flylow maine line glove (a lobster style mitt which allows me to adjust everything without taking them off) and the black diamond mercury mitt for super cold days. I also find keeping my core warm helps too. A thin insulating vest on top of my baselayers and underneath my insulating coat helps a lot. I really have to watch the temperatures for the day and dress accordingly. It took some years to figure out what worked.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna