• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Heat Fischer-Full Vacuum boots?

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd like some advice from those who've experience with those pls. Looking at Fischer-RC4 My Curve 110 Full Vacuum.
My feet are low-volume, skinny heel, low instep, and wider forefoot, so I need to have some adjustment to make room for the forefoot and possibly eliminate the volume elsewhere. I understand boots can be fully heated and formed to the shape of the foot. Have you done that and are happy with the result?
Stats: low-advanced, older woman, 5'1/115 lb

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
You generally can’t eliminate ‘volume elsewhere’. So it sounds like I would find a narrow enough heal fit knowing the space in the forefoot can always be increased.
Regular heat molding and heating/Fischer vacuum method all enable the boot to mold closer to your specific foot shape. Both equaled a better fitting boot for me in various boots I have owned, but if my boot fitter thought the best boot was a different type of boot that wasn’t heat moldable I would be open to that too. There are many roads to get a good fit:smile:

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ha! I'm coming from a non-moldeable boot where the liners have so many volume reducing "patches" they look seriously wounded. The traditional shell punch method to make room for the forefoot has helped, but not eliminated the discomfort. Did you actually have Fischer vacuum boots?

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
I do. I have the Fischer Podium GT 110 VFF. It has a 96mm last and even after max heel vacuum pressure on the machine, my boot fitter had to manually reheat and pinch the heels in even further for me. To get the heel snugness I needed the forefoot width was tight and I had to have space for my toes punched out twice.

It’s the best fitting boot I‘ve owned, but my first boots were 100mm last medium volume boots and the next ones were 98mm last low volume boots (and all ended up with pads added even though they had been heat molded). I say this to point out my Fischers were also the smallest before modifications. If I had tried the boots you mention they would have fit as poorly as my previous boots regardless of having the vacuum fit process applied because they are too high volume for my foot.

Your foot is not my foot or anyone else here so they may be the perfect boots to fix all your fit troubles and the vacuum process may lead to a perfect fit, but it might still be a fitting process.

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm so glad you like them now. As you know it's a frustrating process to get a well fitted boots. My feet are 92 last (unweighted) and 95 (weighted). My current boots Lange RX W LV 110 are 265 mondo and 97 last, but unfortunatelly no matter the punching, scraping and heating there was still not enough room for the little toes and a protruding bones on that side of the foot. Weirdly the boots seemed to shrink back after they were heated (??) So from his now limited inventory my fitter recommended Fischer-RC4 My Curve 110 that are 266 mondo & 97 last, but are fully moldable.

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One more...I read somewhere that a boot heating bag should be used with caution (only low setting) with Fischer boots as too high temp may deform the shape??

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
I've heard certain plastics have memory and so sometimes when punching a spot out the spot will inch back to its original state and you have to get it punched a second time for it to stay. Sounds like that may have happened with your Lange's.

I'm not sure about the high heat with boot bags, but know that the high heat can deform certain aftermarket liners and custom footbeds, so it could affect shells too. In general it seems its safer to err on low heat vs. high.

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They'd been punched three times. I'm going away from them, so won't fret about that anymore :-)
Thanks for your input.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I have the Fischer RC4 Curv GT 105 vacuumed fitted this season. My feet aren’t particularly hard to fit but do have narrow heels. They fit like a snug handshake after the vacuum treatment.

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After a season of painful skiing in Lange (in spite of all the work) the "snug handshake" fit sounds heavenly :-)

gingerjess

Angel Diva
I'm extremely happy with my vacuum-molded Fischer Ranger boots! I have one hot spot, but it doesn't happen if I properly seat my heel when putting the boots on (I usually stomp a few times once I've got them on).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly