• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Heading to France for the first time in 20-something years!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Briefly mentioned it on another thread but now I've actually made bookings it's official! Paradiski for a couple of weeks in January 2023!!!

We've had a much-postponed trip to Japan booked for two and a half years, and the Japanese government isn't giving any hints about when or if they are going to be letting general tourism back in. At this point I want to be able to book in a house sitter and get flights to see my parents for the first time since iso started, which would be before we fly out of Sydney.

So, Europe is open, crunching the numbers it comes in as heaps cheaper (despite the eye-watering flight prices; they would have been $1000 pp cheaper had I booked in May, but we were fixed on Japan then); because it's outside of European school vacations and bang in the middle of ours, we can spend a month there no issues with the kids and apparently the pistes are *relatively* quiet - though we have been spoiled with an essentially private mountain for a while so it'll be interesting. Everything I had reserved was 100% refundable so pulled the plug there and booked to Peisey-Vallandry.

So all being well, with NZ letting us in next week, and France being pretty much certain, it's going to be a pretty good season for us!

marzNC

Angel Diva
So all being well, with NZ letting us in next week, and France being pretty much certain, it's going to be a pretty good season for us!
Looking forward to pics in trip reports. Haven't skied either continent but the scenery is clearly a reason to go someday. :smile:

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have fun! If you decide to stop by the Pyrenees, I'd be happy to advise!
I'm hoping that the flights aren't too painful and it becomes a regular thing in future! Would love to see some of the other areas. Hopefully will be taking you up on that offer early next year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly