• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Head CORE 87 vs. Solomon Stance

Lyzzyski

Diva in Training
Demoing today - conditions machine groomed med-hard pack and Mammoth windbuff. Confused uncertain about these 2 skis. Anyone have any experience with either?

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Lyzzyski glad your enjoying the wind buff. I don't have much intel on either ski, I do believe I demoed the CoreW last year. One thing I see as a difference is the turn radius -- the CoreW has a 14m radius vs 17m for the Stance W 88. Did you demo at the Mill?

Lyzzyski

Diva in Training
The turn radius does seem to be the key. Demoing again to see if things feel different trying different sizes etc, and yes at the Mill But often at Main as they have more inventory. You must be a MM skier ?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to your impressions. I've heard good things about both skis.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Lyzzyski yes on MM, last year just before shut down they had the shipping container / demo set up on the snow at Mill and I thought it was great that they were mixing it up and letting you demo for 2 hours instead of all day at a cheaper price, they had specific brands each week. Covid hit before they could really see if it was worth it. Made it kind of fun, didn't mind paying a lower fee to get on 2-3 skis that I was interested in. This year they were trying to decide if they could spare a container/ they were using the other as a portable bar. I saw the container at the Mill and figured they got their priorities straight. They also now have a "demo pass" that allows you to demo all year with summer perks. Last year I did get in a few demo days w/ my DD who was looking for new daily drivers, I know I did take out the head core for a few runs. I'm leisurely in the market for a narrower mid 80's ski that can handle off piste and still be fun on the groomers. Any specific reason you ended up with these two skis as finalists?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna