• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Having trouble with upgraded boots

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I really wasn't shopping for new boots, but when the boot fitter at Alpina (Steve) worked his magic on two of our boots, it was my turn, and he said I had essentially skied out of my Technica 10.2 (65), and put me in a Dalbello Panterra 95. (He said I was "crushing" two other boots he tried on me, and said I'd be out if them, too, in a couple of years).

I was saving money by not having to buy the girls new boots, and he found some Panterras on the clearance rack for my.son, so I splurged.

I tried them on the slopes the next day, and whoa, what a different experience. I feel like I lost a bit of control and confidence. I plan to take a lesson asap, but are there tips for getting used to a stiffer boot?

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I found it took a few days adjustment when I went from my XPro 80s to my Lange Rx120s. I found myself more in the backseat and kinda fighting the boots because I was so used to exaggerated movements in my old boots because I was crushing them. After 5 days on the snow with them now I've come to love stiffness and response, and by trusting them to support me, I've moved out the backseat.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
This sounds just like what I'm experiencing. I assumed I'd get used to them and eventually love them, but needed to hear it. :smile:

Definitely taking a lesson. Thank you!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I was going to say the same, do you feel more in the backseat, are your skis running away from you? You are probably not used to driving your skis with the greater resistance, so they might be popping you back. A lesson sounds like a great idea to get dialed in. :smile:

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got stiffer boots last year and found that I swapped control in small turns and slow speeds for increased confidence with bigger turns and higher speeds. Now having to relearn my comfort-zone slow, small turns!

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Thanks! We haven't been out since, but we're going next weekend. I won't have time for a lesson before then (and the weather is definitely not cooperating). But I'm going to try to go by myself and get that lesson after next weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly