• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Have you heard of the Indy Pass?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's part of what Doug Fish wrote in a Thank You email to 2020-21 Indy passholders. Keep in mind that the target market are not people who buy Ikon/Epic/MCP but people who generally ski well under 10 days a season. The goal is a win-win scenario for those who buy Indy and the independent ski areas/resorts that could use more the help in marketing.

For those on Facebook, check out the FB Group for Indy Passholders. There are some very enthusiastic people there. It's pretty cool that all regions have been pretty well presented.

" . . .
While the Indy Pass is still just a blip on the national scene, we are making huge strides and will continue to add quality resorts in all regions of North America, grow our passholder base, and continue to offer the best multi-mountain pass value on the planet.

We hope you've enjoyed the ride and will continue to support us next season. We will announce our 2021-22 pricing and some exciting resort additions on April 27th and I promise you won't be disappointed. While we can't promise that prices won't increase a bit, we are doing everything we can to pack more value than expected into your Indy Pass.
. . ."

marzNC

Angel Diva
Last day for the lowest price for the Indy Pass. The next cut off date is Sept. 1. The list of locations is a lot longer than when this thread started in 2019.

I already have a pass to my home hill, Massanutten. Intend to get Indy AddOn again. At weekend rates in the southeast or mid-Atlantic, even using it 3 days makes it worth having. I tend to try to meet up with a local and some only ski on weekends. If I'm using Indy, just skiing a few hours in the morning before driving somewhere can be fun.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 11.58.36 AM.png

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a heads up: The Indy Pass will be announcing FOUR new partners next Tuesday, July 20.

Anyone want to guess who they'll be?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just learned: The new additions will be in California, New York, Pennsylvania and Canada. So THAT narrows it down.

Any guesses?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmmm, my only guess would be Chicopee in Canada. Family friendly feeder hill. They lost some terrain since I last skied there (old double chair on the back side met it’s demise.) Meets Indy criteria. But no more of a “destination” than Yagoo Valley. They do have good snow making and grooming though.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I was well off base. No surprise there, though. The winners are Snow Valley (not the Canadian one, but California), Marmot Basin, Titus Mountain, and Montage. And sadly, none near me.

Jilly

Staff member
Titus will bring in the Cornwall, Ontario and any other northern NY. Ikon and Indy for Alberta!!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Excited to see our home mountain, Montage, added. :smile: I'd originally heard they wanted on the pass, but it was a no go b/c of their proximity to Shawnee, which is also on the pass, but it must have worked out after all!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Excited to see our home mountain, Montage, added. :smile: I'd originally heard they wanted on the pass, but it was a no go b/c of their proximity to Shawnee, which is also on the pass, but it must have worked out after all!
In some regions, there is the realization that having a few locations together is actually better for all of them. Makes it more likely that locals will go for Indy because it's pretty easy to get in 4-6 days within easy driving distance.

The target market for Indy remains the people who can only ski 4-6 days because of what they are doing over the winters that makes getting on the slopes a lower priority most of the time for assorted reasons.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Marmot Basin is one worth traveling for. It’s been on my list for a few years now.
Marmot Basin is on my list too! But is the location hard to get to? i.e. need to get to the "other" side of Banff, drive on Columbia Icefield Parkway towards Jasper in winter. I heard train travel is not reliable (frequent delays), there is bus service and thought about doing that, piggy bag on my Banff trip....

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Marmot Basin is on my list too! But is the location hard to get to? i.e. need to get to the "other" side of Banff, drive on Columbia Icefield Parkway towards Jasper in winter. I heard train travel is not reliable (frequent delays), there is bus service and thought about doing that, piggy bag on my Banff trip....
I think that might be a good one for spring skiing - late April. I drove on the parkway early May during my Banff trip and it was easy as pie. Sometime perhaps we can coordinate a Banff/Jasper trip! I don't mind doing the driving.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Sometime perhaps we can coordinate a Banff/Jasper trip! I don't mind doing the driving.
I am all game if someone else can do the driving. Keep me in mind when you are planning a trip out....
I drove on this Parkway in early Oct and several times my rental car had warning alerts on when it sensed icy conditions. Hence my hesitation to drive there.

On a different note, Brundage and Tamarack in Idaho are also on good Indy pass destinations. Again, I held off going there because of the drive. I heard the route from Boise, ID up to McCall can be white knuckle and character building experience. If you are planning to explore there, don't forget me....:wink:

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Indy Pass website has been updated for 2021-22 to make it a lot easier to see what locations are in a given region. The list of regions is bigger too. Mid-Atlantic is finally separate from the East. Within region, the locations are listed by state. Plus there is a link to a map that makes it much easier to plan a ski safari that includes more than one ski area.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 7.54.39 AM.jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Dawdled but managed to get the Add-on Indy Pass before the Sept. 1 deadline. Not sure that price is going up but all the other prices will increase for sure.

I already got a Full Season Pass for Massanutten now that they offer an early bird discount in the spring instead of waiting until the fall to start season pass sales.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Seems like that the pandemic has been good for the Indy Pass. Of course, the fact that Indy is getting ready for it's third season is a factor too. Takes a while for people to find out about a new multi-location pass. Especially one that is geared to people who ski less than 6 days a season. There are almost double the number of locations compared to the first season. The price went up but is still substantially lower than Epic or Ikon. Getting to breakeven doing day trips to local ski areas is not that difficult even when someone can only get away to ski on a few weekends.

Even though Indy was created for people who wouldn't get Epic/Ikon/MCP, about a quarter of the people who bought Indy this season are "destination skiers" who have another pass as well. I fit that description. Going to enjoy checking out a few new old school hills.

September 17, 2021
" . . .
Uptake of the pass has been impressive. During that first ski season, passholders recorded just 8,500 skier days, Fish said. Last year, that figure jumped to 96,000. This coming season, with sales significantly up, Fish has set a goal of 400,000 skier days.
. . ."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly