• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Have you heard of the Indy Pass?

marzNC

Angel Diva
if you by a S6 pass you get the Indy Pass for free (by Dec 1) which I was thinking of adding to my Epic Pass - because I was concerned about the Epic Res system.
Welcome! I see you joined recently.

If you are asking about the Indy Pass, it has a very simple approach if someone can't use it for less than 4 days during the course of the season.

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 8.42.54 AM.png

One of the features that makes the Indy Pass unique besides it's relatively low cost for a multi-resort pass is that it actually generates revenue for the ski areas involved. About 80% of the money is distributed based on the number of visits.

Have you found the discussion about how the Epic reservation system works yet?

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Welcome! I see you joined recently.

If you are asking about the Indy Pass, it has a very simple approach if someone can't use it for less than 4 days during the course of the season.

View attachment 13915

One of the features that makes the Indy Pass unique besides it's relatively low cost for a multi-resort pass is that it actually generates revenue for the ski areas involved. About 80% of the money is distributed based on the number of visits.

Have you found the discussion about how the Epic reservation system works yet?
Thanks for all of this. That's cool Indy Pass has that Guarantee. I am thinking if I do get the Indy Pass it would be as a perk from buying the S6 pass which I am still thinking about b/c I am not sure S6 will have any refunds if there are too many restrictions about skiing in VT. But maybe just the indy based on what you say and shared here (thanks again!) All TBD! PS Yes it is an odd time gauging what pass(es) to get based on where I think I will be able to ski and which would make sense financially. There are a couple local small mountains near me which are looking appealing for their possible reliability. More TBD!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Pretty good interview discussion with Doug Fish from early October. Not too much new info for people who have been following the news since Indy came on the scene for 2019-20. Did learn that he has turned down some locations because the region was getting too saturated.

Doug's ideal is to have a ski resort on Indy close enough for a day trip for every region. The target market are people who really do like to ski but for assorted reasons rarely can get out for more the 3-4 days per season. So having the price point around $200 means if they can get to two locations for two days each, the base price is around $50 per ski day.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Per IndyPass on FB page:
"2 NEW resorts will be announced on Wednesday at 7AM PST/10AM EST by our friends at NYSkiBlog! Give them a follow to be the first to know!"
-> Wednesday 11/18.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Per IndyPass on FB page today:
"We're excited to announce 2 new resorts have joined the #IndyRevolution — Snow Ridge Ski Resort and Antelope Butte! Welcome to the Indy Pass family!"

marzNC

Angel Diva
Per IndyPass on FB page today:
"We're excited to announce 2 new resorts have joined the #IndyRevolution — Snow Ridge Ski Resort and Antelope Butte! Welcome to the Indy Pass family!"
Antelope Butte is a great success story. The non-profit foundation created a few years ago has been very stubborn about making sure it didn't close. Very glad the locals will have it to enjoy this winter. Hopefully the increase exposure they get from Indy will get folks who are close enough for a day trip to check them out for the first time.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Two more locations for Indy out west, both in Idaho. Pomerelle and Solider Mountain are joining as of Feb 2021. Good to see Soldier Mountain going forward with new ownership.

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just saying I had an email interaction with Indy Pass/Doug Fish and he is not on my list of favorites --- not the way I would run a company nor speak with / listen to a customer (and my Harvard MBA pal was flummoxed as well by his response)... all to say, he does end his emails with telling me to stay stoked (or some such like that), so there's that, and I will give me $$ directly to the indy resorts if/when I want to ski there-- it's got to be better for the resorts anyway, how much could they be making per ticket on this indy pass.

Good will means a lot. It's interesting, the same week I had this interaction with the Indy Pass folks I had an online customer service interaction with Monkii (monkii.co) and it struck me as wildly different the way they interact with their customers (monkii is AWESOME and something I learned about from a poster on like the WaPo or NYT site, and LOVE their company and functional exercise gear--- as an aside, but maybe someone here who loves working out functionally will fall in love with them as I did!).

MissySki

Angel Diva
Just saying I had an email interaction with Indy Pass/Doug Fish and he is not on my list of favorites --- not the way I would run a company nor speak with / listen to a customer (and my Harvard MBA pal was flummoxed as well by his response)... all to say, he does end his emails with telling me to stay stoked (or some such like that), so there's that, and I will give me $$ directly to the indy resorts if/when I want to ski there-- it's got to be better for the resorts anyway, how much could they be making per ticket on this indy pass.

Good will means a lot. It's interesting, the same week I had this interaction with the Indy Pass folks I had an online customer service interaction with Monkii (monkii.co) and it struck me as wildly different the way they interact with their customers (monkii is AWESOME and something I learned about from a poster on like the WaPo or NYT site, and LOVE their company and functional exercise gear--- as an aside, but maybe someone here who loves working out functionally will fall in love with them as I did!).

Well now I’m curious about more details on this email exchange!

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well now I’m curious about more details on this email exchange!
haha! I used it as a growth moment for myself : not to write back, not to give it any more of my attention, not to engage or play the right/wrong game. I mean I gave it a lot of my attention and thinking in that "do I let a dude be a dude like that, should I respond, is it best to speak up or not" etc ---- but never sent a reply as I decided to be forward thinking with my energy and not "correct" him... if that all makes sense. (And it was all about business stuff, you could say, nothing personal or offensive in any personal way). But I am giving it more of my energy now :smile: haha

marzNC

Angel Diva
There may be season pass add-ons at individual resorts.
For those thinking about the Indy Pass for next season, here's how the Add-on option worked for 2020-21. You didn't have to already have bought a season pass from an Indy location that was doing the Add-on option before buying the Indy Pass. You picked the Add-on product and paid $129. Later in the fall, you needed to send proof via email of a season pass purchase. A picture/scan of the receipt or the pass was the easiest. Then the Indy account was activated. If someone didn't end up buying a season pass, they could upgrade to a regular Indy Pass.

Using an Indy Pass in 2020-21 was pretty simple. All the locations I went to were clearly more comfortable with the Indy software. All I had to do was provide my name and they would do a search. Since the Indy database includes a photo, often I didn't even need to show a picture ID. Then I would get an email about the "activation." So far, I've used it at three locations for three days, all midweek. If I don't get in another Indy day, then I'll get a 20% credit for next season.

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@marzNC Thanks for that info! I "may" do it for Spring actually and that will motivate me to get my spring skiing confidence up! Where did the winter go?!

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Indy Pass seems to have benefitted from a pandemic ski season. At least that's the impression I get from the FB Group for Indy passholders. It's clear that there were people who discovered they could have a lot of fun skiing on local slopes without having to get on an airplane or commit ~$1000 for a mult-resort pass or even $500 for a 1-location season pass.

According to a post on the FB Group, Indy for 2021-22 will go on sale in June.

Here's a brief introduction from Nov 2019 during the first season for Indy:
Doug Fish and Birth of the Indy Pass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly