• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Have you ever worn a fun costume while skiing?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't mean 80s ski clothing.

I mean some kind of costume to celebrate a holiday, or when you're just feeling frisky.
How about a helmet cover?

Describe what you wore or post pictures please!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Personally, no. But Years ago I crocheted a helmet cover for DD. She wanted a yellow helmet so she could sharpie a black “happy face” smile on the top. She ended up with a white helmet, so I got to work with my crochet hook. We would go into the lodge and people would tell her they saw her skiing under the lift. If I come across it, I’ll get a pic

Jilly

Staff member
Years ago I belonged to a traveling ski club. We usually did something different at the mid February trip to Owl's Head.

So as one of the instructors, I dressed up as a clown for the afternoon. Even skied on a old pair of skis not many people had seen. It was a blast, because no one could figure out who it was.

When I worked for Nestle, I always wanted to dress up and ski as the Quik bunny. Never got to do it. Thing is you would never have been able to keep the head on as you looked through the mouth to see where you were going. I did it once for the kids Christmas party and your vision wasn't all that great.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to sew my own customes. Many, many, times on snow in custome. The most memorable was probably an exceptionally early snow year, where we went Backcountry skiing on Halloween. Let's just say that I was not having my best day and 2/3 up the skin, I took my outfit off and stuffed it in my pack with tears in my eyes and kept skiing in my non costume. The photo below is of us , D H & I in our ape masks which we have worn many many times skiing. The two vests we're wearing I had made to add a little Pizzazz to the outfit. Kids kept asking their parents if the monkeys were real which was hysterically funny to us. Screenshot_2018-11-15-08-06-04~2.png

newboots

Angel Diva
Aww shoot. I thought I could post my 80s ski outfit picture here. Nothing more creative than that so far!

But the spring crowd at Killington. Wow, that’s another story.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven’t but I think it could be so fun! I especially love a great pond skim costume!

I’m thinking about a helmet cover too. I used to ski in my ladybug and Olaf (frozen) hats but studies show they don’t protect the noggin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna