• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Has anyone flown United on a ski trip?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
So I’ve been eyeing the 60L Patagonia Black Hole from earlier in this thread still, but hadn’t puled the trigger since I don’t really need it until next season for traveling. However, I grabbed it up today when I saw this sale at REI! Wasn’t my first color choice, but if you don’t mind teal it’s 50% off right now! $67 with taxes and free shipping! I’ll take it! The rest of the colors are still $129+tax

https://www.rei.com/product/884915/patagonia-black-hole-duffel-60l
Really like the color but I'm seeing $129...... should check the outlet store near me...
ETA - was looking at the blue one. I like the teal better! May have to order.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ah yes, Tidal Teal specifically.

I don’t mind it. I really like a red color they have, but it’s only in the 45 and 90L packs, not the 60L. So it’s all good for this price especially! :smile:

elemmac

Angel Diva
Eagle Creek has a new line of duffels geared towards adventure travel, similar in looks to the Patagonia Black Hole bags, they're called the Migrate Duffel. The bigger sizes have wheels. Their travel bags and backpacks look nice too.
https://www.eaglecreek.com/landing/carry.html

I'll throw in the North Face Base Camp Duffel's into this mix too. I got one last fall, and have been extremely happy with this winter. It's gotten a lot more use than I thought it was going to. I have the small, and it's the perfect size for a carry-on, plus it's basically indestructible, so if you have to check it, I don't have to worry about it ripping or getting tossed around.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, but I am resisting the shopping...Enjoy your new duffels!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I finally got around to testing out the Patagonia Black Hole duffel bag. Tried it out over the fourth of July weekend for a trip to Saratoga, and it was awesome!!! Usually I end up with at least one additional small bag beyond a rolling carryon suitcase/duffel for shoes or toiletries or my blow dryer with huge defuser and a book etc. when I do a weekend away. I have so much stuff I lug especially for my hair when I’m driving versus using travel sized things when I fly.. Not this time, absolutely everything fit with room to spare, not to mention how easy it was to move around with it since I’d just stick it on my back. Can’t wait to use it some more, and especially to try it out as a carryon at some point!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DD tends to pick flights that limit her to 1 carry on and no checked bags. (She also feels like she over packed if she has more than just a toothbrush in her bag.) I gave her the Black Hole duffel before she went to Cannes in May since she had a little walk to get to the apartment she was staying in and the backpack straps seemed easier than a wheeled bag. She loves it. She also took it for her internship in Austin, packing everything she needed for the summer in the one bag. No problems using it as a carry on either time. Thanks for the head up on this bag!

MissySki

Angel Diva
DD tends to pick flights that limit her to 1 carry on and no checked bags. (She also feels like she over packed if she has more than just a toothbrush in her bag.) I gave her the Black Hole duffel before she went to Cannes in May since she had a little walk to get to the apartment she was staying in and the backpack straps seemed easier than a wheeled bag. She loves it. She also took it for her internship in Austin, packing everything she needed for the summer in the one bag. No problems using it as a carry on either time. Thanks for the head up on this bag!

Wow, I’m so impressed she was able to use one bag to pack for the whole summer!! I really need to work on cutting down my overpacking tendencies! Glad it has worked out so well for her!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly