• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hard snow ski recommendations

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I Love my Liberty V76's. from frozen cord in the morning to soft piles of corn in the afternoon up to about 6 inches of snow, they have delivered. They reward good skiing and will go as fast as you want to go. They are stable and have zero tip chatter (I can not deal with tip chatter) . They are just plain fun for how I ski. I do like making short turns probably more than big GS turns. They do both. I find them very stable, lively ski with rebound. Liberty makes a V82 and there is a Men's version of both skis men's a tad stiffer.

if budget is not a problem Renoun makes some awesome skis. They stiffen on ice and soften in slop. I have z-90's- They area amazing smooth ride in any condition. I was going to get the renoun z-77's then I demo'd and bought the liberty V76's.. Demo days have proven to be dangerous, my quiver seems to grow..

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
don’t limit your search to women’s skis only. When I was younger, taller, a lot heavier and stronger I was on men’s skis more than women’s skis. Of course the technology has improved but a lot of the skis are similar and not limiting yourself will get you into the length you need.
I agree. To your point I should have specified that all skis I have described or gave review above other then Kenjas are Men's/Unisex. I currently ski on men's unisex skis and ski boots.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Decisions, decisions... After much much research and reflection, I’m leaning toward a dedicated carver in the 76-80 range. Not a problem if I can get easy access to the lodge and my Kores when things get torn up and bumpy. I did enjoy the Quattros at 80mm until I outgrew them in length and skill. My only concern is a lot of those system skis are HEAVY and I’ve run into issues in the past where my knees ache due to the weight. We don’t have lifts with that rest bar so those hanging legs get taxed by days end.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
don’t limit your search to women’s skis only. When I was younger, taller, a lot heavier and stronger I was on men’s skis more than women’s skis. Of course the technology has improved but a lot of the skis are similar and not limiting yourself will get you into the length you need.
Mens skis are all I look at these days. Most brands don’t go beyond 165 or 168 for women’s models and if they do, the skis are softer versions of the men’s version. Ugh.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I Love my Liberty V76's. from frozen cord in the morning to soft piles of corn in the afternoon up to about 6 inches of snow, they have delivered.
Really looking at the Liberty v76. I’d have to get the mens version for the length. Bummed tho cuz I love the pink in the women’s version. The V82 is tempting as well. They added another strip of metal to the 2020 version, so I’m stuck which version I want. It’s about a $100 difference in cost. $299 vs $399 from Liberty website. Then I’d have to add in bindings...

New baby means no budget for a Renounce ski unfortunately...

Mary Brosnan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just bought a pair of the Liberty v76 off their website with demo bindings for a steal! Have never been on them but I have a pair of their Genesis 96s which I love. I also ski the Kore 93 but was looking for a more hard snow oriented ski since I’ll mostly be skiing the East this Winter. I heard such good things about the v76s here and I can’t wait to get them out on the snow.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Woot! Just bought a pair of 2021 V82w demo skis in a 172 length from the Liberty website for a steal like @Mary Brosnan did - $425! According to the rep I spoke with on the phone, they only make 3 or 4 of the women’s version in a 172 for magazine reviews - it is a size they only have in a men’s skis. Website said condition is 10/10 and the rep said they should be practically in new shape, so we shall see what they look like when they arrive. I went with the 82 width for the flexibility in mixed conditions so I can leave my Kore 93s at home on short days to the local ski hill. Sooooo stoked because I love the women’s top sheet in this ski!

Mary Brosnan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Woot! Just bought a pair of 2021 V82w demo skis in a 172 length from the Liberty website for a steal like @Mary Brosnan did - $425! According to the rep I spoke with on the phone, they only make 3 or 4 of the women’s version in a 172 for magazine reviews - it is a size they only have in a men’s skis. Website said condition is 10/10 and the rep said they should be practically in new shape, so we shall see what they look like when they arrive. I went with the 82 width for the flexibility in mixed conditions so I can leave my Kore 93s at home on short days to the local ski hill. Sooooo stoked because I love the women’s top sheet in this ski!
Happy to hear you also got a great deal. My skis arrived last week in beautiful condition. Hopefully we'll both love them once we get them out on snow!

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Happy to hear you also got a great deal. My skis arrived last week in beautiful condition. Hopefully we'll both love them once we get them out on snow!
I’m super excited! Glad to hear yours showed up in nice condition. I’m not likely to get as many days in the slopes this season due to now having a baby. I would have liked to demo but from what I’ve been reading and my schedule, it wasn’t likely to happen. Hoping they turn out as awesome as everyone says they are!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats Ladies! I hope you love them as much as I do... here's a video some one took of me on them. I didn't know I was being filmed..par for me I got away from him, LOL
Notice NO Tip chatter and they leave nice tracks! I can't wait to ski!!

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Congrats Ladies! I hope you love them as much as I do... here's a video some one took of me on them. I didn't know I was being filmed..par for me I got away from him, LOL

Nice! Love making tracks and that feeling of riding the rails. Glad to see no tip chatter!

Mary Brosnan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Love this video and the song you chose. It's getting me excited for ski season!

HikenSki

Angel Diva
The 2021 V82w demos arrived today and they are beautiful! Very minor scuffs near the tips but barely noticeable. I only count nine pole dents in the heel piece so these have seen very few runs. Yay! The demo bindings are on the heavier side compared to my Attack 12s, but they'll give me the flexibility to adjust binding position and I can always put non-demo bindings on later once I know where I'd want them mounted. Now all I have to do is have them set and tested for my boot and then wait for snow! Woohoo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna