• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Grocery shopping during COVID

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I rather enjoy grocery shopping. I like browsing and noticing new items to try. I don't think I'd enjoy grocery delivery that much---however last April when the pandemic was new, we did try to get groceries delivered but there were no slots open so couldn't. We have 3 grocery stores in my town--2 are part of the same local chain (not a huge national chain) and one is Trader Joe's. The 2 local ones are not crowded, so never an issue going there. Trader Joe's is always crowded--even during non covid times so I really only go there like once a year.
Me too, both enjoying the shopping (usually) and not finding find any delivery slots when I tried. Found lots of new things to try.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My store leaves it up to the discretion of the cashiers as to whether or not we're comfortable with bagging reusable bags. Some cashiers will not, but I personally don't have an issue with it. I don't see how touching bags is a big risk factor since I'm washing my hands when I get off lane anyhow. It's not like I'm sitting around licking and sniffing people's bags. We also have hand sanitizer for our use on each lane. Let me tell you though, some people have some NASTY bags. I had no idea.

I obviously don't bother to do grocery pickup since I'm exposed to umpteen billion people in a shift. Would be silly to spend hours face to face with people only to do curbside pickup. If I get COVID, it's most likely going to happen on the job, not doing my personal grocery shopping. I do use the store's app, though, which allows me to scan and bag my groceries as I shop, and then I can just pay at self-checkout. I use that mostly b/c I find it super convenient to not have to wait in line to checkout.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I obviously don't bother to do grocery pickup since I'm exposed to umpteen billion people in a shift. Would be silly to spend hours face to face with people only to do curbside pickup. If I get COVID, it's most likely going to happen on the job, not doing my personal grocery shopping. I do use the store's app, though, which allows me to scan and bag my groceries as I shop, and then I can just pay at self-checkout. I use that mostly b/c I find it super convenient to not have to wait in line to checkout.
I wish my store had an app like that.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish my store had an app like that.

I love it. I'm never going back to standing in a regular checkout lane again. I dunno why more people don't use it. I'm not sure they do a very good job of advertising it, tbh. I didn't know about it until I started working there last summer, and I've been a shopper there for years. My only one complaint is they also have a grocery shopping list app I use, and they really should integrate the two. It's annoying to have to flip between the two apps to look at my list and then use the other app to scan the item.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I usually shop at Costco and my Costco here has curbside pickup for a $10 fee. I used it a few times and love it. The shopper would text me when he/she was ready to start shopping and updates me if items were out of stock/I want substitute. It has saved me money since I cannot have impulse buys anymore!

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m an Aldi grocery fan. I love that the checker just puts all my groceries back in a cart that I roll out to the car and bag by the passenger door. I get to use my cloth bags and don’t feel I’m holding up the line and my favorite thing no silly shopping card I have to produce to get the discounted price or 2 for 1 deal. The groceries just cost what they say they cost. What a novel idea!

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I usually shop at Costco and my Costco here has curbside pickup for a $10 fee. I used it a few times and love it. The shopper would text me when he/she was ready to start shopping and updates me if items were out of stock/I want substitute. It has saved me money since I cannot have impulse buys anymore!
If I didn't do impulse buys at Costco, it wouldn't be worth keeping up my membership.:rotf:

newboots

Angel Diva
The most amazing thing about curbside/delivery, is you don't get anything that's not on your list! Despite the fee, I think I'm saving money!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly