• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Grizzly bears

newboots

Angel Diva
I like to think of it as true stupidity. Funnier that way.

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe this was for real! I have a friend who is a national park ranger and she has all sorts of jaw-dropping stories like this, including being told to "control her animals" (wild animals, that is!).

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe this was for real! I have a friend who is a national park ranger and she has all sorts of jaw-dropping stories like this, including being told to "control her animals" (wild animals, that is!).

A friend of mine grew up near Banff National Park and also has her fair share of stories of tourists trying to get to close to the wildlife. That is why I'm inclined to think that this is real.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
it's real. some real yo yo's out there.

https://kdvr.com/2018/08/02/video-shows-man-taunting-bison-at-yellowstone-national-park/

Every time we go to YS in the summer, we see stupid too much...it's aggravating. The tourists who throw hats into hot pots. Walk off the board walk into crust around hot pots (despite signs. Selfies with buffalo. Just a year or two ago--a mom and her teen daughter were gored by Buffalo. When interviewed in hospital by NPS to figure out how to educate tourists--they asked, 'did you get literature/materials about dangers'?. Mom said---yes, but we saw a Chinese guy taking selfies with the buffalo and nothing happened, so we figured it was OK.

But it wasn't.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
it's real. some real yo yo's out there.

https://kdvr.com/2018/08/02/video-shows-man-taunting-bison-at-yellowstone-national-park/

Every time we go to YS in the summer, we see stupid too much...it's aggravating. The tourists who throw hats into hot pots. Walk off the board walk into crust around hot pots (despite signs. Selfies with buffalo. Just a year or two ago--a mom and her teen daughter were gored by Buffalo. When interviewed in hospital by NPS to figure out how to educate tourists--they asked, 'did you get literature/materials about dangers'?. Mom said---yes, but we saw a Chinese guy taking selfies with the buffalo and nothing happened, so we figured it was OK.

But it wasn't.

newboots

Angel Diva
That’s really idiotic and frightening. We could easily have seen a video of this jerk being gored.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
the guy taunting the bison was arrested in another National Park- drunk and fighting. true jerk.. Newest idiot was a guy taking selfies (while on the Park cam) of himself in front of grizzlies feeding on salmon. .https://unofficialnetworks.com/2018...ears-feeding-area-will-face-criminal-charges/

This link says he's facing criminal charges too Hurrah!
What fools, if they get maimed or eaten I have no sympathy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly