• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

great season underway - and can't get to it!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Man, I'm so frustrated right now: Fantastic start to the season in NSW which we can get to because borders have slammed shut. Daren't risk Victoria as they kind of keep breathing on each other and fully expecting the shutters to come down with very little notice. Currently NZ are not letting my state in at all - getting the wobbles as we literally have one month before we are supposed to be winging it to Queenstown. We have bookings for South Korea and Japan in January, which in my heart of hearts I know isn't going to happen but I'm in bulk denial about that.

I know we are super lucky to not have the crises that other countries have faced, but not being able to do something I love is kind of affecting me right now; I dunno, maybe it's the uncertainty about when we can get something like our old lives back that's getting me down.

In the meantime I'm living vicariously through you ladies. Thanks for being so awesome!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh, I really feel for you. Australia in general was looking really good for so long, and now with first Victoria and then NSW having major issues... ugh. Hopefully the lockdowns work well and things can return to normal swiftly. It's a blow to the Queenstown ski fields too! We want you skiing in NZ as much as you want to come across and ski here.

And I know what you mean. Even though we've been overall less affected than many other countries in the past year, it doesn't mean we can't still feel awful about the losses to our freedoms. Honestly, all my friends in PNW America were able to have a full ski season over the 20/21 winter, so Australia skiers are worse affected at this point. It sucks either way you look at it.

Hope things pick up soon over there :hug:

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks my lovely. It's been a bit slow on the West Coast NZ but doesn't stop me checking out the webcams every day! QLD looks mostly under control *at the moment* so I'm looking every day for Jacinda to let us in again. But seeing how easily it can all come crashing down too!

I guess I look forwards so much to getting away to the snow, and when it looks this uncertain it's just so ugh.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Omg, apparently NZ is resuming quarantine free travel with QLD from midnight tonight - fingers crossed it stays open! Just keep those pesky plague-ridden Sydneyites out!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Omg, apparently NZ is resuming quarantine free travel with QLD from midnight tonight - fingers crossed it stays open! Just keep those pesky plague-ridden Sydneyites out!
REALLY???

That is so good, though we do have to get our PCR tests done now prior to travel (at $150 a shot!)

Super happy about that, though will now be paranoid the bubble will pop again.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know, you couldn't pay me enough to leave New Zealand right now, I'm far too scared the bubble will pop (again, again, again) and I'll be stuck away from where the skiing is! Hopefully it stays open for you!!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Exactly 3 weeks to go until I'm on the snow. Looking fine at this point: flights suspended between NZ and NSW/VIC but QLD still a goer!
I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks my lovely. Bitterly disappointed as I am (choking back tears disappointed), it's the industry I fear for most; the tourism operators, the hotels etc. I'll live to ski another day - though would have forgotten everything by then I fear: I hope our operators do too.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well that's that then - 8 weeks lockout from NZ.

See you next year I guess
I'm so sorry to hear this :( :( I just caught up on the news and found out, I thought of you straight away. I know a few people who will be mightily annoyed at this and/or seriously gutted.

Queenstown will be hurting, I wonder if NZski will have to let some seasonal staff go or if NZ tourism will be enough?

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm so sorry to hear this :( :( I just caught up on the news and found out, I thought of you straight away. I know a few people who will be mightily annoyed at this and/or seriously gutted.

Queenstown will be hurting, I wonder if NZski will have to let some seasonal staff go or if NZ tourism will be enough?
Judging by the school holiday crowds at Remarks which (from the sample I talked to on the lift) were mostly from Auckland, the skifields may be ok but I think other tourism providers will continue to struggle, especially once everyone goes back to school...

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aw thank you ladies, feeling a bit better - the acceptance phase now, especially as Qantas are refunding my money without a fight so that's in the kitty for next year.

Decided instead to take the kids out to the Gemfields area where we can fossick for sapphires and rubies - not the same as whizzing down the slopes but at least we are still doing something as a family.

Your kind words have really made my day X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965