• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Grand Targhee for New Years

ski skuhl

Angel Diva
I generally do not like skiing over big holidays but vacation time & schedules this year it seems unavoidable. We are heading west and will be at Jackson Hole 12/22-29. The plan is to then go to the other side of the range, stay and ski GT 12/29-1/2. Those who are familiar, any recommendations for lodging? Our group is 5 adults (hubby, me, 2 adult kiddos + daughter's boyfriend) Maybe a condo along Ski Hill Rd but is there a lot of traffic noise? Is Victor too far?
Inventory is very low already and there aren't a ton of options but I would still love to hear from those with GT experience.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Victor is not too far. Most of the locals who ski on weekends are from Victor. Since you are interested in a condo, that would be my recommendation. Although Driggs is pretty cute and has a few good restaurants.

The drive between Victor and Driggs is flat. Blowing snow and low visibility can be an issue.

Just remember that it's certainly possible to have a snowstorm that closes Teton Pass in late December.

I've only stayed at The Pines Motel in Driggs. It's a modified house that's pretty unique, family owned, outdoor hot tub. Walking distance to restaurants in town. Driggs has a "downtown" that's essentially 4 blocks long and 2-3 blocks wide.

ski skuhl

Angel Diva
Ideally we'd rent a house in Driggs or between it and the resort but so far haven't had luck finding one available.
And yes, it's understood we're rolling the dice with Rt 22 being open.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna